• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rlbol

Master Gunnery Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
FL
Any xds owners? If so how do you like them? I am thinking about picking one up. I like the way feel in the hand just hate Lego block feel of the grip. Coming from 1911s is it going to be a difficult change? It will be a carry gun. Also looking at the sigs the small 1911 style ones and the small xds style ones! I would like to know how you feel and how the xds shots after you had it a while?

i had an XDs for a few months. i liked the gun, but if you didn't hold it just right, it would FTF. it was way too easy to get a failure. in a self defense situation, a gun that has to be held a certain way just doesn't cut it.

i personally never had a problem with mine. 300 trouble free rounds, but i was able to replicate with ease a FTF.

ironically, i ditched it for the sig you mentioned. i went with the 938 9mm. i like it alot better. smaller, 7+1, i have yet to replicate a FTF. however, it did take about 100 rounds for the stiff little fucker to break in.

Unlike the guy above I've never had a FTF me and my gal both really enjoy our XDS I've got a 500rounds through mine roughly

I wonder if the ftf was from the grip safety not being in gaged all the way? That can also be a problem with 1911's.

I like the glocks also. I just don't know enough about small carry pistols as well as non 1911 pistols.

I do understand the down falls of carrying a 1911 and think for my everyday my rough beat up day by day actions I would do better with a modern simple to care for small handgun. I just can't seem to find one I really like that is not a 1911!! Maybe I am just to old and stubborn. With large hands does everyone else find it difficult to find a small pistol? I think a full size sig p227 is great! But I need more of a pocket gun for daily activities! I am also very new to carrying so I can use all the advise you all can offer!!!

I have Glocks 1911s and xd's. I've noticed people that try shoot Glocks get stovepipes ftfs ore ftes most of this is grip on the firearm in my experiences. All though I do have one friend who does not get along with my Springfield range officer.

Unlike the guy above I've never had a FTF me and my gal both really enjoy our XDS I've got a 500rounds through mine roughly

i never personally had a FTF. but like i said, you can replicate it very easy. my FTF were limp wristed on purpose. my understanding is because of the short/stiff recoil spring. you have to really grip the XDs for it not to FTF.

next time out, just use one hand, and just hold it, don't grip it. think of how much of a lack of grip you would have if you were stabbed in the arm or bitten by a dog. see what happens.

My first post, I’m glad it’s something I know a little about.

I purchased a Springfield XDs about 3 months ago and it is now my new favorite gun. It’s small but conceals and shoots very well. The sights are big and easy to pick up. I have only put about 150 rounds through it but, have not had any problems at all. Goes Bang with every pull.

At this time, I would recommend it highly!

I have one and carry it most of the time. About 200 rds and no FTF. It does tend to shoot to the left about 4" at 25 yards but groups are small. It is the only .45 ACP that I can forget I have with me while working etc. So far, so good.

Love mine, Have put 1k+ rounds down range without a single failure, I'm now looking for a good warm weather holster for it that I can wear while at work.

Im at 500+ rounds through mine with HP handloads and its never had a problem. I have never tried to induce a failure so I cannot comment on that one. I have been very happy with the XD-S .45 acp.

I just got mine yesterday and love it!

Does anyone have any experience with the talon grips? I'm wondering if it will calm the Lego type grip.. I just orderd a kydex holster for mine, iwb 15deg cant. It'll be in the mail Thursday.

If anyone is looking for a iwb holster Mr. Cook is awesome. Very fast service and he'll customize it to your liking for base cost cant, belt loop size ect..

If you use the code ODTmember the total comes to 39.95 shipped I believe, he's done a few different holster for me and all have been fantastic.

http://www.cooksholsters.com/#!home/mainPage

I've had mine since Christmas. About 150 rds through it without a problem. Easy to conceal and carry. I like the idea of carrying a 45.

I purchased one about a month ago. I have 400 rounds through it without issue. I put the Talon grips on it and they lock the pistol in your hand. It has become my EDC gun.
I like it so much that my 9mm Shield no longer gets carried.

Got at least 500 through mine of all different types with no issues. It is a bad little bitch! I just put a Crimson Trace Laserguard on it and it is awesome in the dark. Doesn't add much bulk to it at all. I carry in a Sticky holster and have a Remora that was just right before I put the laser on it.

I am glad this question was posted, I was just about to post a thread on this very pocket. I am thinking of picking one up as well. It is very slim, and seems that it would carry very easy.

I am glad this question was posted, I was just about to post a thread on this very pocket. I am thinking of picking one up as well. It is very slim, and seems that it would carry very easy.

My local gun shop has been trying to get me one for a month.

I like mine. i carry it almost every day. i have had a failure to feed a time or two and it is mainly when loading the firearm the first time in my gun. if you don't pull the slide back as far as it will go it will not feed hornady z-max ammo. it is very accurate though and with the 7 round mag it is pretty much my perfect cc gun.

Picked one up for the wife and took it to the range. It is one awesome little pistol. I may have to buy one for myself.

I do not own one but had a chance to shoot one a few weeks back. Felt good in my hand put 25 rounds through it and shot better with it then the owner did. Recoil was very manageable even with the short mag. I'v been trying to pick one up ever since.

I have had one for 5 months now, over 2k downrange and not one FTF. It is a great carry gun, really slim and short, has the knockdown of the .45, while still being comfortable and accurate.

I love mine.

I just bought one yesterday, its a nice little gun, will be taking it to the range on friday, will let you know who she shoots.

Mike

i had an XDs for a few months. i liked the gun, but if you didn't hold it just right, it would FTF. it was way too easy to get a failure. in a self defense situation, a gun that has to be held a certain way just doesn't cut it.

Apparently some guns cant handle being limp wristed. You can get away with it alot of the time, but there are a few models that really require a rigid abutment to cycle the slide. I have seen xds FTF with smaller shooters/females. I think frame weight and bore axis has alot to do with it, and the xds do have a high bore axis.

Well I got out with the XDS on Friday afternoon. Great gun. I put 150 rounds thru it with no issues at all. Shoots poa poi at 10 yards, groups well and functions 100%. I found the recoil to be not bad at all. Keeper.

Mike

I put the first 50 rounds through mine last weekend and it ran perfect. The only problem I have with it right now is finding ammo.

My wife has a xd 9mm, it is the first pistol that she uses without me asking her if she wants to go shoot (thank god) can not tell you how many pistols i bought trying to find something she liked.. I have shot it a few times and really like it, kind of small for my hand but handles really good.

I paid 600 for a used one that came with extra extended mag and 200rnds.

Sent from my Next7P12-8G using Tapatalk HD

I just got mine yesterday and love it!

Does anyone have any experience with the talon grips? I'm wondering if it will calm the Lego type grip.. I just orderd a kydex holster for mine, iwb 15deg cant. It'll be in the mail Thursday.

If anyone is looking for a iwb holster Mr. Cook is awesome. Very fast service and he'll customize it to your liking for base cost cant, belt loop size ect..

If you use the code ODTmember the total comes to 39.95 shipped I believe, he's done a few different holster for me and all have been fantastic.

http://www.cooksholsters.com/#!home/mainPage

How do you like the belt loop clip for the xds?

How do you like the belt loop clip for the xds?

I love it, I haven't run into any issues yet. I have mutiple holsters from Mr. Cook & I typically request for him to give the hook a more aggressive angle. That's just a personal preference though. I actually have another being made to use with a trl-4. I cant be happier. The whole set up is very thin and comfortable. It goes with me everywhere.

2v91xfq.jpg

Bought an XD around 2002. In all this time, I have never had a FTF. I have put many many rounds through this gun.

Anyone carry a FS XD45? If so, send me a PM for an IWB for the XD. FREE!

Last edited: