• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns XDS Recall Question

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
Does Springfield notify you when they receive your pistol? I sent mine out 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Sent mine out over a month ago, no word from SA. Will probably be calling them the beginning of next week.

They dont let you know they received it but you should have the tracking from the prepaid label if you saved it and you can just track it to see if it got there.

Just a reference - Mine was received back at Springfield on 1/13 and I have not heard nothing. On there update page it says mine should be coming back to me by the end of the month.

Sent mine in last October and just got it back two weeks ago. No tracking info was given to me. I did get an email telling me what window of weeks to expect the pistol to ship back.

Sent mine in last October and just got it back two weeks ago. No tracking info was given to me. I did get an email telling me what window of weeks to expect the pistol to ship back.

what do you think about the trigger?

i still have my 2 i haven't sent in yet.

Honestly the trigger seems smoother to me now. Watching the YouTube reviews seems to be a mixed bag. Some like it, some hate it. I might have just gotten lucky and received a smooth conversion. They were really good about sending updates on the repairs. It was a long wait though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that by waiting as long as I did to send it in that they would be about done with the recall and I would get mine back quicker. Also, there is no Fedex within 45 miles of here. Hopefully I will have it back in a few months.

I sent mine in back in October, got it back about 3-4 weeks ago and finally took it to the range last week. Doing it all over again, I'd probably not send the pistol back in. Given the description of the malfunction, what the intent of the pistol is for me (primary carry), and the change in the trigger I don't think it's worth it for the minor increased peace of mind. The trigger is definitely a bit heavier, not enough to bother me all that much. The big change to me is that partially through the trigger pull I feel a "twinge" and then the break itself feels mushier. Maybe this is partially a result of me shooting my 1911 a lot more since it's my only other .45. I do feel though it's the worst trigger on all my guns now.

When I sent my pistol in SA never acknowledged it's arrival, but they have a webpage where you can put your pistol S/N in and it will tell you it was received into their system. The RMA they provide you with includes FedEx tracking as well. They sent me an email with the shipping information after it was already sent, unfortunately they wouldn't let me re-direct the pistol to the local FedEx office so I ended up having to take a day off work to be home to sign for it.

I got an alert today about my pistol. It said it would be returned by March 7th but I don't know how accurate they are on their timeline.

I cant really tell that much of a difference in trigger. Mine functioned flawlessly after getting it back.

I sent one in September and one at the end of November, got the Sept gun just before Christmas, November gun on Feb 6. Their timelines were accurate, but both times, adult signature was required, so if you are not home, you won't find your package waiting for you. When I called to have them hold it for pickup, it did not seem possible, so I finally took a day off and waited for it.

I sent mine in about late December early January. I just received email today that my pistol is being shipped back to me. I actually forgot I had that damn thing lol.

nosler....you can check springfields website but I think currently they should have all pistols returned by march 7th. They update the recall page every Friday.

When I called to see how long the turnaround would be , they said 6 weeks . I sent mine in last week. So I'm thinking the last of March or first of April . 4570SS

Just got mine back yesterday. They send you an email when they ship it back to you. Mine was gone 2 months. I actually prefer the post recall trigger.

I got my pistol back yesterday. It took less than a month. Before I sent it off I checked the trigger weight. It was very consistent at 6 pounds. It never varied more than 3 ounces with my Lyman gauge. I checked it after I got it back and it is at least 1.5 pounds heaver and sometimes as much a 2 pounds. I can't get a consistent read on it at all. It also has a lot of creep to it. I don't know if I will keep it now or not. I will shoot in the morning and see how it does. They are still including an extra mag with a grip extension in the box.