• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xero failures

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    I see garmin voids warranty if you mount the xero

Anyone have firsthand knowledge of failures of any kind ?

I see garmin voids warranty if you mount the xero

Might want to tell Area419. They were one of the first to advertise the Garmin and made a mount for it to hook to the rifle.

I decided not to mount mine, especially since I shoot some larger calibers. After a year of them being beat to shit with no problems, I may reevaluate.

Last edited:
    Might want to tell Area419. They were one of the first to advertise the Garmin and made a mount for it to hook to the rifle.

hence my point about having it both ways.

Can I Use the Xero C1 Pro Chronograph Mounted to a Rifle?​

While Garmin did not specifically design or test the use of this product to be mounted to a rifle, aftermarket manufacturers have tested the device mounted to a variety of rifle calibers and the Xero® C1 Pro chronograph has worked without issue. Garmin does not warranty the product when used in a manner outside of the design content.

Reactions: lash
    Outside of you explicitly stating it was used on a rifle and broke, how would they know?

I guess if all units returned for warranty work had the same issue or broke in the same manner, they could insinuate that they were being used in a specific way (ie mounted on a rifle). But outside of it being stated, or until there’s an obvious trend, I’m not sure how they could decipher recoil vs “it just stopped working.”

Area419 had the garmin in house months before release, and were advertising it with their mount. All of this was with Garmin seeing this. If Garmin expected it to be an issue, it's pretty likely they would have advised 419 not to do this.

And if a big boy company like Garmin is selling these for a wholesale price that makes $600 retail possible, they likely aren't going to care too much about sending out a replacement here and there.

Reactions: BurtG
    I'm curious to know if anyone has had issues with theirs or direct knowledge of an issue. I've seen a few folks on Facebook groups say they've had issues with missing shots.

No misses in about 200 rounds so far, moving back and forth between rifles and not to careful on the placement. A few times when it kind of spun and said something like analysing shot.

Did you break your Garmin already?!

If it can survive in your hands, I wouldn’t sweat it
    Used this a few time. After reading the Facebook xero posts was thinking about selling or returning it

6B0E7099-A24F-49B3-B2CB-09A0AB722FBF.jpeg

Y'all realize that lawyers write 99% of the warranty/terms & conditions of everything you buy? Right?

They could not give a fuck less about what any of you think or what any aftermarket gizmo maker does for their products. Their only sole purpose in life is to minimize risk/exposure/loss for their employer.

Reactions: lash