• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

XLR buttstock

AHall

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2011
Western Slope, CO
Has anyone used an XLR tactical or standard buttstock on their AR platform rifles? Seems like a great option over the PRS for a LR build.

Re: XLR buttstock

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. I have considered it in the past. I just have not moved on it yet.

Just be aware that the cheek riser will need to be further back than it would be on a bolt gun unless you are running it low enough for the charging handle to clear the top.

Can the cheek riser location be moved?

I would like to know if these stocks work on AR-15 and AR-10 style rifles.

An alternative stock would be the White Oak Armory adjustable butt stock. It has similar features, but I don't how the cheek riser works.

IMG_8012.jpg

I have not measured it to compare with a carbine tube. It appears shorter than a rifle tube.

EGW, known as the "Whitley stock" looks almost like the stock in the pic above. Very good stock for BR work, and paper punching

Is there any way the design of it would impede the function of the buffer/spring? Cause if not, that's an awesome idea. I'd even consider going to that from a SOPMOD/SAPR to shed weight..presuming it's lighter.

I have my XLR stock on my AR space gun. Using a carbine buffer I had to shorted the rubber bumper ~3/8" to get the bolt to cycle fully and lock back. I also had to turn the tube down behind the threads some to make clearance for the castle nut. It works fine though. I couldnt use the cheek piece cause of the charging handle though.

Also a solution might be to add a folder. You could then fold the stock enough to pull the charging handle, then lock it up ready to shoot. This would maintain the highly desirable cheek rest. Just thinking out loud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MisterHall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also a solution might be to add a folder. You could then fold the stock enough to pull the charging handle, then lock it up ready to shoot. This would maintain the highly desirable cheek rest. Just thinking out loud. </div></div>

Reciprocating mass travels through the tube. Can't fold that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how it work with a side charging AR? </div></div>
Thats what I ended up doing to mine. Youll notice I dont have the plate in there either. I put a set screw in to hold the detent spring in.

C360_2012-07-08-18-35-21.jpg

I might be alittle late but Daniel Horner from 3 Gun nation has a XLR Tactical on his JP CTR-02, Dont know what kind of modifications he had to make. You might want to look at HP Armory Butt stock real similar to XLR.