• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR carbon and 24" barrel

rick brown

Private
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2012
Las Vegas
Ordered a xlr carbon with 15.5 hand guard. Will be putting Remy 700 5R in .300 win mag when I get chassis. Anyone here have same set-up ? Or a 24" barrel with the 15.5 hand guard? Pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nice!

Hello Rick

Here is a picture of our Carbon chassis with a 15.5" hand guard and 24" barrel in one of my personal rifles.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR
Beautiful rifles! Can't wait until I can get my hands on my own... 6 long weeks

Quick Question on that 15.5" Carbon Hand Guard

Can you mount the accessory Pic. Rails to it ?
Do not see any mount.holes in it, like on my XLR Aluminum Handguard .

XLR -

Is that a prototype buttstock? Its different from my XLR chassis butt.

Yes, that is a prototype butt stock that should be available soon.

Complete rifle as pictured with magazine, bipod, sling etc is 14 pounds 8 ounces.

Yes, accessory picatinni rails can be mounted to the Carbon chassis along any of the flats.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Hello Rick,

Here is a picture of our Carbon chassis with a 15.5" hand guard and 24" barrel in one of my personal rifles.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle what kind of rings and mount are you using with the razor HD and the red dot? Thanks in advance!

DANG that rifle is beautiful!, how many rounds can you shoot before it gets hot? what groups do you get? downside of the carbon fiber wrapped?(other than cost)

Last edited:
DANG that rifle is beautiful!, how many rounds can you shoot before it gets hot? what groups do you get? downside of the carbon fiber wrapped?(other than cost)

So far cost is the only downside I see to this barrel. I have not noticed any heat/accuracy difference in this barrel versus my other steel barrels.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Do you have that first picture in full size.... I would love a new background =)

G'day Kyle
When are you going to update your website to show these new stocks and options?
It would make it a lot easier to work out what to order.
Not having a go, just thought it might help new and returning customers?

Kyle,
Who makes the bubble level on your gun? Is it integrated into the scope rings or separate?

Thanks

Rick, The mount is a SPUHR 35mm 1.35" mount. Best mounts I have ever tried.

Here is another shot of the mount

-Kyle ~ XLR

We are working hard on the new site. I do not have a date yet but I hope it is soon. It will be much better than our current site with much more information and online accounts/ordering.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

G'day Kyle
When are you going to update your website to show these new stocks and options?
It would make it a lot easier to work out what to order.
Not having a go, just thought it might help new and returning customers?

Kyle
Do you have a weight comparison between the Carbon Stock with Tactical Butt stock and the normal one?
thanks
M