• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

xlr delays

tomcat mv

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2011
Anyone else experiencing delays with XLR? My chassis was supposed to ship last week, I got a text message from Kyle this Monday 6-3, that it would ship this week. E-mailed him last night, Thursday since I hadn't heard anything and got no response. Just tried calling them and they are closed until Monday. by the way, it is now beyond the eight week lead time frame.

I am waiting for my carbon chassis as well... All good things come to those who wait. 2-3 months is nothing in the gun game...

Kyle is a stand up guy with an awesome product, he may be a bit behind, but I'm certain he'll take care of you.

just curious on their site it says the chassis is compatible with different inlet. is this mean a single chassis are standardized for all those inlet or means they have to make the chassis compatible with your particular actions?

Kyle just updated my 'smith, and said the same thing. The original 8 weeks was to expire on July 9, now it's looking like it will be July 23. No big deal to me considering I haven't purchased my scope yet. Like what was stated before, good things come to those who wait. Also, s002wjh, XLR inlets the chassis for specific actions. If your chassis isn't listed on their available inlet list, give them a call and let them know what you need.

You know I really had my heart set on the xlr. But. More than 8 or 9 weeks. Wow. Looks like AI is getting my money.

After waiting over four years for my JAE700, 8-10 wks for an XLR is nothing. I think my XLR was 11 weeks. When you go custom, delays happen. Go load ammo or play with a concentricity gauge...

Yeah, I know Kyle will come through. I don't have my glass yet either. Still trying to decide on a Vortex or SWFA. And I never play with a concentricity gauge!

And I never play with a concentricity gauge!

:) LOL! Mores the pity, as in my experience it is a complete waste of time, but it does occupy quite a bit of it if you're waiting on something. :D

You know I really had my heart set on the xlr. But. More than 8 or 9 weeks. Wow. Looks like AI is getting my money.

8-9 weeks and you are moving on? I guess you have never ordered a full on custom rifle.

To anyone interested, I know of a 700 SA with folder on another site. No affiliation and cannot vouch for the seller. PM if interested.

Last edited:
There is a reason for the wait time. Kylie's chassis are in high demand right now. They are rock solid. I absolutely love mine. If you are tired of waiting for a quality product, you could always go with a lower quality product. Tons are available on eBay and other similar sites, although I wouldn't touch them. Be patient, the XLR is worth the wait.

I would suggest that you cry babies never ever get into the real custom stuff or NFA class III stuff. My first suppressor about 4 years ago took 5 months, I should be getting stamps on two more next month that have been over a year. (company had to make them, then register with atf, then transfer to my ffl, then I had to send my paperwork in). Also september will be one year on three more suppressors that haven't even been registered with the ATF yet, (should be this month) so probably another 9 months on those.

I receive my XLR for my Tikka late and having some problems (minor, nothing with the chassis itself) and let me tell you, Kyle is a very stand up guy and tries to bend over backward to serve his customers. He even went as far as shiped a couple parts OVERNIGHT, and I received them in my mailbox the very next morning at his expense!!! Have you ever heard of a guy in this industry do this without the customer paying for it? I talked to him on the phone and told him it wasnt that important to overnight it even though it showed alot for his consideration. I even mailed him my scope base and he is going to shorten it up (its too long bc of the forend tube) and anodize it for me at no cost, tell me a person who does that to at no expense to the customer? Oh yea he paid for my shipping of my scope base also (even though I was shipping him back a couple mags to be modified a little bc of the tikka action).XLR is a very stand up company and I back them 100% and plan on using them in the future.

I even waited 9-10mo on a rebarrel bc of a mix up on there end and was never treated as good as what XLR has. Everyone knows to rebarrel costs more then the chassis.

I believe he outsources the hand guards and they were a source for delay a few months ago. Whatever it is i hope he gets back on target soon! I understand delays happen and i can deal, but it looks like my XLR will be the only part my Smith is waiting on for my rifle build. He quoted 8 weeks when i ordered around the 1st of May. I'll be fine with anytime in July...

I'm at 10wks now but it's not a big deal, estimates are estimates. Is one or two weeks more really that big of an issue, especially in this industry?!

Nope, and i know its not for a lack of hard work on his part. It just sucks is all. But i was supposed to have to wait 3 months on my TAC338 action and that would have delayed me until August but was able to score one private party so i got no reason to complain...

I receive my XLR for my Tikka late and having some problems (minor, nothing with the chassis itself) and let me tell you, Kyle is a very stand up guy and tries to bend over backward to serve his customers. He even went as far as shiped a couple parts OVERNIGHT, and I received them in my mailbox the very next morning at his expense!!! Have you ever heard of a guy in this industry do this without the customer paying for it? I talked to him on the phone and told him it wasnt that important to overnight it even though it showed alot for his consideration. I even mailed him my scope base and he is going to shorten it up (its too long bc of the forend tube) and anodize it for me at no cost, tell me a person who does that to at no expense to the customer? Oh yea he paid for my shipping of my scope base also (even though I was shipping him back a couple mags to be modified a little bc of the tikka action).XLR is a very stand up company and I back them 100% and plan on using them in the future.

+1 for me as well. He took care of my Badger Base and now it looks factory. Stand up guy for sure!

All i can say is give him a call or drop a PM here on the hide, i PMed him about 4x during my wait. I had ordered Jan 15 and my chassis shipped May 24th according to the UPS ship label.

I know he was waiting on the 15.5" lancer HGs for my rifle and resupplying his new folder mechanism. He was very forth coming about the issues and was an overall pleasure to speak to.

I will say the chassis is WAAAAY better than any picture i have seen it balances very well and was a perfect fit with my savage. It weighs less than my 16" barreled precision AR.

I will buy from Kyle again.

Hey Guys,

We are so sorry for the delays in shipping. It is none of our supplies fault this time and we are just behind in getting the product out the door. I make my lead time estimates based on how many open invoices we have and we had several very large orders this month which through my estimate off. We are getting caught up pretty quick here so those that are waiting it should not be much longer. Please feel free to contact me if you have any direct questions.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle rocks! Just spoke with him this afternoon and my chassis is shipping tomorrow. My AI 10 round mag is still on back order but he is sending it with a five round mag that I could return when the ten round sows up, but what the heck I'll just keep it and buy the ten rounder whenever.

Kyle does a great job of CS.
I only contacted him twice during my wait and he promptly returned my email.
Mine was 8 weeks last saturday and it ships thursday this week, not bad at all
Thanks
Steve

Received mine yesterday. Gorgeous piece of gear, better than the pictures. Kyle has been great to work with.

Quick XLR question. How are the actions bedded v-block or other. Do they need to be skimed?

When you are quoted a certain timeframe, though, and that timeframe isn't met, i can understand the frustration. I was quoted 8 weeks but figured 10. If it don't come by then it'll kinda suck, cuz the only thing I'm waiting on for my build is the stock. But what are you gonna do...

Cool. Mines going on 6 weeks come this Friday, so some time shortly after the 4th would be ideal. Fingers crossed. Just got my ATACR today so it'll give me enough distraction for the next few weeks, lol!