• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Element Chassis - Thoughts

Deltagunner00

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2011
Central Indiana
Really enjoying this chassis so far. Took an older barreled action that I used to shoot F Class comps with and put it in this chassis. This is a 308 Savage action with a 24" Criterion barrel! It used to live it's life in a heavy stock for those competitions, which I much enjoyed, but it is just cool to see it setup like this now...to me anyway. Looking forward to killing some coyotes with it this winter. Just wanted to share my thoughts on it thus far, as I think it's a great chassis, at it's price point.

DSC022141.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Gen 1 and 2 Gen 3. Great chassis for the money.

Planning to get the 4.0 Mag in the future for my Savage 308 when I can save enough money.
Wanted to pull the trigger when they were on sale but just could not justify it yet.

Reactions: XLR Industries
How would one of these work for a youth hunting rifle? Thinking of the Magnesium with the shorter tube to make it a shorter LOP primarily for my 9yo.

Reactions: XLR Industries
How would one of these work for a youth hunting rifle? Thinking of the Magnesium with the shorter tube to make it a shorter LOP primarily for my 9yo.
I imagine it would be just fine. It’s got the ar grip so it’s not the closest reach to the trigger but plenty of kids use ars alright.

The LOP goes way down. It’s a great setup for growing kids

My 3.0 Mg, folder, 24" Bartlein cf barrel, Terminus Apollo Lite Ti, Arca rail, ZC420, Zeiss rings is 10 lbs 5 oz. Not exactly featherweight.

@jbuck88 The short buffer tube in the TR-2 Buttstock is a great way to get the length of pull even shorter than the standard 12" which is the shortest it will go with our contoured buffer tube. The adjustability and our different options allow for 99% of people to have the proper LOP and cheek weld!