• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Element vs Envy

Nosler243Shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2010
Alabama
I have been wanting to get an Element for a while now but since the Envy came out I am stuck on which one to get. I like the features of the Envy much better. I have tried the Element before but not the Envy and I don't grip the pistol grip. I hold behind the action where the bubble level is on the Envy. Is this area behind the action the same on both chassis? Looking at pictures the Element looks a little longer and flatter but It may be because of the bevel on the side of the Envy.

Reactions: Afkirby
Following for interest. Have an element on my savage not sure if i want to stick with an element or switch to the envy for for my bighorn origin i have on order. I believe that the element is mlok compatible now as well

Someone please help me out. Which is the better buy and if anyone has tried both, is there still plenty of space to ride your thumb behind the action on top of the bubble level?

Sorry I have no experience with either, but I don't think one or the other is the "better buy". XLR chassis are highly touted and people seem to really like them, the difference between those models is just that the Envy is their newer, higher-tier chassis. Neither one is the better buy; one just has more features and comes at a higher price point. I'm sure you will be able to ride your thumb on top of the chassis on either one, but you could always try keeping your thumb on the same side of the grip as your hand, as I find this to be the most natural way to pull the trigger.

I have the XLR Envy and love it. I don’t have any experience with the Element but I’m sure either way you’ll be happy. When I shoot I keep my thumb on the same side as my grip so I haven’t tested to see how much room is on top of the bubble level.

Have both the Element and Envy. Envy has some nice additional features over the Element but from a performance standpoint very similar. I would compare difference in features between the two and decide whether you need them or not.

I have an Envy and for the money it's feature rich. Built in QD, pic rail, Acra rail, mlok. Only thing I added was a recoil pad.

Someone please help me out. Which is the better buy and if anyone has tried both, is there still plenty of space to ride your thumb behind the action on top of the bubble level?

I have both. The Envy has an extra 2-3" in length on the Element, which adds some stability in prone. Envy all the way if you are going to shoot matches. The bubble level doesn't get in the way of anything.