• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos XLR Industries Evolution

Re: XLR Industries Evolution

Very nice picture!

Lonewolf,
Nice looking stick. Have much time behind it? I have been interested in this set up for some time. How do you think it compares to the more traditional molded stocks in this price range? I know one thing, I dont like the looks of the standard buttstock for this product.

goodness gracious. a beautiful weapon with a picture that does it the justice it deserves. very nice!

LOL almost the same as what im doing rem 700 adl (standard barrel not varmint) one of the same HSS bolt knob attachments and a harris 6-9S with loc pod hopefully if i can get one of that stock i'll be on a roll
laugh.gif

excellent visual btw

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice picture! </div></div>Yuupd6666666(;6$hgh ugh

(4:gcfklm

Hooray! Leave the iPad laying around and your three year old decides to post on the hide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darkstar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lonewolf,
How do you think it compares to the more traditional molded stocks in this price range? </div></div>

It works extremely well. If you factor in the cost of a magazine system, then you can see that from a purely economic standpoint, the Evolution is a great deal.

From an ergonomic standpoint, it is going to depend on the type of shooting you do and the rifles you are used to. If you have spent all of your life shooting walnut stocked rifles, then it's going to feel pretty strange. If you like AR's then it's going to feel rifle at home.

My wife, who is just getting into the precision game, greatly prefers it to my AI or other fiberglass stocked rifles.

It really is hard for me to comment one way or the other because I use a very wide variety of rifles and just adapt to what I need for the mission at hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mac 181FA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking rifle. How do you like the Bushnell? </div></div>

It works. I think it's a great balance of features and price. The only real gripe is the reticle is a bit thick. Not a problem at all when you are banging steel, but it could be an issue in some situations.

Ive been thinking about picking one of those chassis for my savage

What rings and base are you using for this setup?

The rings are TPS TSR Extra High. The base is a Weaver Tactical Picaninny 20 MOA with the portion forward of the lug trimmed off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killerwaffles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it looks like a huge badger scope ring right in the middle of the stock. Does anyone else notice that? </div></div>

It does kind of look like a scope ring, but mainly because it does a very similar job. It uses two halves to clamp a round tube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks.

It's getting the barrel chopped to 20" and threaded for a JP Brake. </div></div>

Throw some pictures up with the short barrel and brake

Nice shot. I can see you must be into photography to pull off a shot like that. I to am an avid photographer. Usually, I stick to cars and landscapes but since I have a love of guns then those types of shots are growing as well. Now if I could just figure out a way to make money on the side with the photography to help pay for some of these toys then I would be in business. Oh, and I am really digging the videos also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SilentStalkr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shot. I can see you must be into photography to pull off a shot like that.</div></div>

I have a little bit of background in Photography.
wink.gif

Now making it pay is the trick.