• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

xlr or pdc

BruteNasty

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2013
Finally got my barreled action and now I'm trying to decide what chassis I wanna go with. I've narrowed it down to an xlr or pdc. Any suggestions? I've spoken to Kyle and Craig and they are both very helpful with all my questions. The gun is a Stiller tac .338 with a 28" brux barrel and will be used mostly for target shooting but maybe a little hunting later. One thing I'm concerned about on the xlr is I've read that the scope has to be mounted higher due to the tube. Anyone have any issues with that? Any input or suggestions? This is my first precision rifle by the way

I just purchased the XLR for my 308, and yes I need taller rings due to the tube. I run a 50mm objective and I needed to buy Nightforce "high" rings to clear the tube, with that being said my adjustable cheek is all the way down. So no matter what ring height you run the XLR will be able to accommodate. 700XLR.jpg

I can't speak for PDC, but I can say that I am extremely happy with the XLR Evolution chassis with a Remington 700P 300 Win Mag barreled action mounted in it. The almost infinite adjustment allows it to fit any shooter and I absolutely love the but pad and cheek rest. I recommend getting the folding option to make cleaning easier. Otherwise you will most likely have to lower the cheek rest all the way in order to get a cleaning rod down the barrel. And don't' worry at all about the height of the scope. For reference, I've got a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 mounted in a set of high Burris XTR rings.

Never shopped for PDC but I bought an XLR and definitely suggest it. I use high mounts also. I measured it by making sure the scope can clear the base. It's not exactly the same level but it's extremely close.
Looking at the PDC website I would still choose XLR.

Anyone running a 56mm objective with and xlr? Wonder if that will work with high rings

I run a S&B with 56 mm objective and XLR evolution the scope clears barely with Seekings 1.25" rings.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410448400.607991.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PDC has allot of options to chose from on their chassis, suggest you go to their website and check them out. I have not used the XLR so can not comment, all I know is PDC is damn nice chassis and company is very responsive to questions I had.
smy8g7.jpg

Low Seekins Rings
b5pr9g.jpg

x4153d.jpg

Also Low Seekins Rings

I recently purchased an Element and am extremely pleased with it. I have gone through quite a few chassis stocks and this may be the final stop. Fit and finish are top notch. I have a Rock Solid which is also very nice, but the Element offers much greater LOP adjustment. This setup allows me to adjust LOP down so my kids can get a nice fit, comfortably allowing them to get behind the rifle and work on fundamentals in the proper position. A great option if changes in LOP are necessary. I was somewhat skeptical of the tube set up, but it has been solid. I have put 2 different Rem 700 actions in it and both performed extremely well. It does require slightly higher rings than my other stocks.

Kyle @ XLR will make you a chassis for just about anything. Craig @ PDC will do the same, you really can't go wrong with either. It really comes down to personal preference, I like PDC, try both and decide.

I had the original XLR folder and a PDC folder. Both hinges on the folders suck and have a bit of slop in them. I know the new XLR has a new folder but I have not tried it. I prefer the PDC over the XLR but I don't think you can wrong with either