• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

xlr owners?

coach4christ

Head mop pusher
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2010
NW Louisiana
You guys who have the chasis, what scope base did you use? My nf 20 moa is too long. It sits on top of the foreend. If I cut the base, will it compromise the strength of the base? Thanks

Re: xlr owners?

I wouldn't worry about strength if you cut it, it will be fine. Really any material before or after the mounting screws is just for looks and doesn't add any structure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will be fine.

As a note, if you send the base to us we will shorten it for free. We will also re-anodize aluminum bases for the factory look.

-Kyle ~ XLR </div></div>

this is why i spent my money with xlr. excellent customer service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: matthias</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You will be fine.

As a note, if you send the base to us we will shorten it for free. We will also re-anodize aluminum bases for the factory look.

-Kyle ~ XLR </div></div>

this is why i spent my money with xlr. excellent customer service. </div></div>

When I got my base back from being shortened by XLR, I was impressed. It looked just like it did before I sent it, only shorter.
grin.gif

A good friend of mine used a Leupold base on his XLR and also had them shorten it. Great company and great product!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hoyla...I've got a feeling there was a guy shooting next to me at Bisley this last Saturday with one...either that or something VERY similar.

Drop them a mail : http://www.xlrindustries.com/CONTACT.html </div></div>

I will do, thanks mate