• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns XS Big Dot vs Advantage Tactical

Longshot38

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2009
Montgomery, TX
So I am looking to swap out the sights on my Glock. I have been looking at the above mentioned sights. I'd like some opinions of the two if anyone has experience with these.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Not familiar with the Adv tactical, but XS Big Dot are terrible, I did the same thing you are thinking of doing with my G23 and couldn't take them off fast enough. Switched to Trijicon and never looked back.

Not familiar with the Adv tactical, but XS Big Dot are terrible, I did the same thing you are thinking of doing with my G23 and couldn't take them off fast enough. Switched to Trijicon and never looked back.

So what didn't you like about the XS sights?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Not pleased with their quality, plus the Big Dot just doesn't look right for more precision shooting blocking the target. Traditional three dot are faster for target acquisition IMHO. I will give a look at Trijicon HD sights, I have switched all my sights to HD's, amazing quality.

So what didn't you like about the XS sights?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Not pleased with their quality, plus the Big Dot just doesn't look right for more precision shooting blocking the target. Traditional three dot are faster for target acquisition IMHO. I will give a look at Trijicon HD sights, I have switched all my sights to HD's, amazing quality.

This is the issue I had with mine. Shooting inside 7 yards for torso shots was fine, but anything outside of that was very unreliable. While they appeared to be well made, I only used them for about 90 days before taking them off.

The xs big dots take some getting used to but for a carry gun I love them. I have them on both my s&w m&p and a g19 and have had no problems with them.

I really like my Big Dot on small CC guns, but for large frame guns where you you may want more precision to distance I would go with something else. I'm using the Warren Tactical two dot on a G21 and liking it as well but it did take a considerable amount of fitting to install even with a factory sight pusher.

Try the XS Big Dot front with a traditional 2 dot notched rear. All the speed advantage for in close combat / defense shooting without giving up any accuracy. Sounds strange but it works. Even better, have a notched rear sight milled out into a U shape that allows you to center the Big Dot in it.

I run an XS regular dot with a 10-8 plain U notch rear. Whilst the white surround on the regular dot is smaller than the BD, it's still much bigger and easier to pick up than any other outlined Tritium front sight I've used. It also fits perfectly in the "U" notch of the rears.

I switched to big dots on my carry gun and couldn't be happier. I gave up no noticeable accuracy at any distance I would every shoot my ccw and gained a solid set of night sights that have a huge dot that draw my eyes for quick target acquisition

I was on the fence about getting XS Big Dots, then heard some negative feedback. Most of this feedback was "the big dot won't be good for shooting at distance". After hearing that, I cooled on them a bit.

Then, I had a chance to run them FAST, in defensive scenarios, Hogan's Alley stuff, slow fire courses of fire, and 3 second par courses. I was very pleasantly surprised with them. They are easy to track, and I got to observe something funny that gets overlooked:

The Big Dot is huge, but the dug out rear blade actually opens up the total sight picture, so you can center the front sight *easier* than you can center the sights with a typical rear blade.

Look closely at this pic. You'll note how easy it is to see the target around the dot, with that rear blade out of the way.

u3u2yguv.jpg

Needless to say, I now have them on my carry Glock 19 Gen 4, and may get them on my second copy, as well.

have some XD standard dots on my shield. the tritum vial size is the same with a smaller white ring. I have but only one gripe: the rear line has no tritum or glow so in the dark its just a wild dot.
heard better things about the straight 8s and 3dots.
the standard xd dot works fine for me. shoots tight groups and works great on my dueling tree

If anybody tried the xs bigdots that will fit a G17 and did not like them, I will buy or trade you for them.