• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xtreme mod 22 trigger vs bix’n Andy??? Or others

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
Just picked up an archimedes action for a 6br build primary use PRS matches. My current rifle is running a xtreme mod 22 2 stage set just under 1 pound. I have been running this trigger for around 7-8 years and it has never let me down and honestly am very happy with it. I called Arc to ask about trigger suggestions since I had read that there were some trigger fitment issues atleast initially. I was told to avoid the trigger tech diamond, which I was considering. They recommended the bix’n Andy Tac sport as being best for compatibility with the archimedes. How does that compare to the mod 22 I have been running?

Are there any other triggers I should be considering? Must be 2 stage and be able to go just under a pound for overall pull weight. I prefer the crisp snap type break instead of a rolling or soft type break.

I run a TT Diamond, Special, and BnA tacsport pro in my Archimedes. They all work great. All using factory cocking pieces.

What weight are you running the diamond at?

It isn't set at the bottom. If I set it as low as it goes and run the bolt as hard as possible, the sear won't catch.

That’s what ARC told me. Just wondering what the lower limit is. They didn’t have an answer to that and since I like 1# or slightly less I didn’t want to roll the dice unless it was known to work

Awesome thanks. Do you have any feedback you could share comparing the diamond to the bix’n Andy?

I like the BnA but it's a toss up on which is better. Lighter pull weight but significantly more overtravel. The break is also more of a roll whereas the TT is a hard break.

If you run the bolt fast on any trigger tech it wont catch, its just what trigger techs do. You have to turn them up heavy as shit to make it stop. You wont make it fall when actually shooting though, just when you are sitting on the couch trying to make it fail.

That said I have a tt diamond on my archimedes for the time being. Its fine.

The TT has zero over travel, it hits a hard stop on breaking. The b&a tacsport has overtravel so you wont feel the hard break, Its just how the two are designed. Both will go lighter than you probably care to set it. Both are crisp snap breaks with no sponginess in releasing the sear.

Personally I prefer the B&S single stage tac sport pro.

Perfect. I much prefer a crisp snap and not overtravel.

Perfect. I much prefer a crisp snap and not overtravel.
The sear release being snappy or spongy happens before any overtravel comes into play or not after the fact.

Sounds like you would like the tt if you dont want over travel.

Perfect, thanks spife. Do you know how low you are running your diamond in the archimedes?

If you run the bolt fast on any trigger tech it wont catch, its just what trigger techs do. You have to turn them up heavy as shit to make it stop. You wont make it fall when actually shooting though, just when you are sitting on the couch trying to make it fail.
I disagree. It's happened to me while shooting. Handed over to a buddy who shoots TL3s and happened to him 2 times in a 5 round mag. You either have to slow down your throw or up the weight.
That’s what ARC told me. Just wondering what the lower limit is. They didn’t have an answer to that and since I like 1# or slightly less I didn’t want to roll the dice unless it was known to work
Mine is set just under 10 oz and is incredibly reliable now. You'll be able to reach your #1.

I hear ya, just know where I like the feel and wanting to make sure I can get that low without issue.