• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yea So I Started Blasting

Deadly force policies allow deadly force to be applied when “imminent danger of death or serious physical injury” is present. Fleeing the scene of a violent confrontation and/or seeking the tactical advantage of cover can be ground for establishing “imminent danger….”

It doesn’t apply to just any “fleeing person.” It’s very specific.

Read up on US DOJ deadly force policy. It’s the most permissive deadly force policy out there. And, I can tell you without a doubt there is a training scenario almost identical to this taught at the FBI Academy.

Again , I don’t know what this PD’s policy is.
I know the policies well but there isn't a one in the country that allows to shoot a fleeing suspect.

I'll ask again, unless you guys want to try and pull one from your asses; what municipality allows this and what policy please?

you can tell me without a doubt???? ok, cite the DOJ policy (we're not talking DOJ policy here but you can include it) location and post it. I want the reference section. In addition, show which municipality is training to shoot a fleeing person?

you guys talk to talk but post the policy reference/page/etc. and training particulars from the LE municipality exactly please.

there is nothing in America that trains you, permits you, encourages you to shoot a fleeing person (I.e. in the back).

Reactions: SWgeezer
I know the policies well but there isn't a one in the country that allows to shoot a fleeing suspect.

I'll ask again, unless you guys want to try and pull one from your asses; what municipality allows this and what policy please?

you can tell me without a doubt???? ok, cite the DOJ policy (we're not talking DOJ policy here but you can include it) location and post it. I want the reference section. In addition, show which municipality is training to shoot a fleeing person?

you guys talk to talk but post the policy reference/page/etc. and training particulars from the LE municipality exactly please.

there is nothing in America that trains you, permits you, encourages you to shoot a fleeing person (I.e. in the back).

Attachments

• IMG_0033.png
    IMG_0033.png
    937.5 KB · Views: 25

You’re right about not being able to shoot solely to prevent the escape of a suspect, and I didn’t say or argue otherwise. The DOJ policy, which you can find online, specifically addresses/prohibits that.

I'm not going to dig through old training material to cite a reference.

Just don’t go taking cover behind a truck with a gun in your hand after you’ve been involved in a shooting. You could get shot in the back and it could be deemed a good shoot.

Right there in black and white. An officer may use deadly force if necessary to prevent the loss of life or injury to other innocent people if that suspect gets away. The suspect was already firing a gun and then ignoring police. There is no way to know that he has stopped shooting. I feel better knowing that neighborhood is just one bit safer for not having that bad guy running around terrorizing people.

It is sad that the driver got shot and we have not seen the follow-up to know if that driver was with the suspect or not. We are all always in danger of being in the crossfire.

The thing is, say the perp ran behind the motel, would the officer be justified in shooting through the walls? Of course not. Why? Because there could be people inside. Same thing with cars. Cars are like portable motels.

Reactions: Shoreglide
So what I’ve gathered from reading g this is shoot first shoot multiple times - never mind not knowing who’s a suspect of if there are people in cars . Some are fine with this ; I guess why take chances it could be an acorn or a person with a camera .
Like Ash from Evil Dead - shoot first think never !

Not sure if this is what you are looking for?

Who knew a bunch of sharpshooters were also lawyers? :coffee: