• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yet another newb to the forum

101pathfinder

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2014
Hey y'all,

Prior military (Phase II SRT Marksman/Observer grad, SDM, Pathfinder), multiple tours of Iraq. Missed shooting, missed my long guns, so decided to start building my own and start target shooting and hunting (things that don't shoot back this time). Recently came across a sick deal on a .300 Win Mag Remington 700ADL which, since all I wanted was the action, was great.

IMG_1642.JPGIMG_1640.JPG

Current additions/changes:
AICS 2.0 (FDE)
Victor Viperskins for AICS 2.0 (FDE)
Atlas Bipod
Timney trigger

Planned additions:
Heavy fluted barrel (threaded for muzzle brake or suppressor)
Cerakote in FDE
Vortex Razor HD Gen II scope

Should make for a decent toy, and should work great for the hunting trip I've got planned for September. Looking forward to being an active member here!

Oh, and I split my time between Austin and Dallas, so if any of y'all are in the area, let me know!

101, welcome to the Hide, thanks for your service(happy you made it back safe) and it sounds like you have a plan in place.

Based on the pics it looks like you do some roadbike riding. If true, I think you will find plenty of posts on that as well and some kindred spirits here.

Thanks for the welcome, Pester. Actually, that bike is my buddy's. I'll leave that to y'all, that's what I've got a Harley for. LOL