• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YH Phantom

crazy bay

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2005
Utah
Hey all,

This is not an in depth review. I dont own crazy things like audiographs or nonsense like that. But I finished my M4 build, and decided to fit it with the YH Phantom.

The sound reduction was really good for the price. I picked up my can from Impact Arms in Utah for $490, plus the $200 for our beloved friends down at the BATFE.

Like I said, sound reduction was not bad, seemed like I was shooting a loud pellet gun, or even a .22, and the sound was pretty muffled, and didn't really have a distinct rifle type noise.

The threaded flash hider is an awesome innovation, and performs well itself as far as muzzle flash reduction goes. Its a bit heavy, but not as bad as everyone seemed to make it out to be. The can itself, and the QD flash hider seem really well built and solid. I know of some dudes that tried to permanently attach the flash hider on themselves by welding it. This is a bad ideal, even though it seems logical until you actually thread on the suppressor -its hard to explain, but if/when you get there, you'll know what Im talking about.

Overall, for the price, Im very impressed. I think YH did a good job. The operating manual says to only run it dry, but I have heard of people pissing (excuse me, using liquids) in them anyways.

One of these days, I will get back to the range, and post some pictures, and get a better review posted. But if anyone is on the fence right now, I think your getting a good deal, on a good can, for a good price.

Re: YH Phantom

I have 3 YHM's on order, and I am glad to hear that you like the 556, makes me even more excited to get mine. Thanks for the review.