• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors YHM 7.62 suppressor question

htony1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2005
south carolina
Do you guys have any experience with the YHM 308 thread mounted suppressor? I was thinking of cutting an SPS tacitcal (7.62mm) down to 16" and mounting this suppressor on it.

Does the 1:12 twist cause an issue with bullets weights of 150-220 grain?

I know they have the new AAC model coming out that is pre-threaded but I want a short setup.

thoughts?

Re: YHM 7.62 suppressor question

The AAC-SD is already out but given it comes threaded, yeah you don't want to buy it just to cut it down and have to re-thread it..

For a shorter setup, I would DEFINITELY not trust 1/12 with anything over 175 / 178. A lot of guys will hop on and say 1/10, personally I went 1/11 on my 18.5" setup.

Its a fine suppressor, just heavy. If I could do it again I'd save a little more and buy TI the first time.

As for 1-12, you'll be fine up to 208 most likely when supersonic, but ALWAYS test first w/o the suppressor. When subsonic I wouldn't go over 175/178 unless using the 180gr RN bullets.

Thanks for the advice. I had a custom rifle in the past that had a twist of 1:11.75

why go with round nose?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: htony1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
why go with round nose?</div></div>

Bullet length has more to do with stability than weight. Long high bc bullets require a faster twist to stabilize when subsonic. Short stubby RN bullets can be stabilized easier.