• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors yhm mite any one ?

Re: yhm mite any one ?

I have one and I like it very much. Mine is the aluminum and SS version that is very light weight. I have been using it on my Walther P22 or I should say the gf's pistol. I plan on getting a threaded barrel for my CZ Kadet. It is plenty quiet for our needs. A great bang for the buck sense I paid only $225 new plus the $200 tax stamp. I comes apart for easy cleaning. I don't have any pictures of it apart.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M21 Tactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one and I like it very much. Mine is the aluminum and SS version that is very light weight. I have been using it on my Walther P22 or I should say the gf's pistol. I plan on getting a threaded barrel for my CZ Kadet. It is plenty quiet for our needs. A great bang for the buck sense I paid only $225 new plus the $200 tax stamp. I comes apart for easy cleaning. I don't have any pictures of it apart. </div></div>

thanks for the heads up buddy

Since everyones throwing out cans that compare: Tactical Innovations Tac-65 here. Got it for $199 on sale and I've had it for about 3 years and love it! I got a P22, thread adapter, Tac-65, tax stamp, and sales tax out the door for less than $850. It's been lots of fun over the last few years.

i have always wanted a tac 65 but i decided on the thompson machine zephyr... i have been wanting to try a mono core can

The Mite is an okay performer but not a top tier product. The 22Sparrow, Spectre, Prodigy and Element are more elegant solutions in terms of sound performance on many hosts, materials, construction and ease of disassemby. I ran several thousand rounds through an aluminum Mite and frankly was not impressed. If I did not use a LOT of anti seize the tube would get stuck in as few as a couple hundred rounds on a pistol. FRP was pretty noticeable. It was okay overall but nothing special. Hosts on which I used it included P22, 22/45, Mark II, 452, 10/22 and Marvel 1911.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Mite is an okay performer but not a top tier product. The 22Sparrow, Spectre, Prodigy and Element are more elegant solutions in terms of sound performance on many hosts, materials, construction and ease of disassemby. I ran several thousand rounds through an aluminum Mite and frankly was not impressed. If I did not use a LOT of anti seize the tube would get stuck in as few as a couple hundred rounds on a pistol. FRP was pretty noticeable. It was okay overall but nothing special. Hosts on which I used it included P22, 22/45, Mark II, 452, 10/22 and Marvel 1911. </div></div>

thanks for your input buddy, ended up buying a tm zephyr

I have the paperwork for my mite getting done. I shot one on a couple of hand guns and it sounded pretty quite. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong. YHM is a good bang for the buck company.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the paperwork for my mite getting done. I shot one on a couple of hand guns and it sounded pretty quite. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong. YHM is a good bang for the buck company. </div></div>

this is vary true, i have many times considered getting their phantom

the Mite s a very dsapointing can....I have the stainless can and while I like their 223 and 308 cans the 22's are shit...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malaga2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the Mite s a very dsapointing can....I have the stainless can and while I like their 223 and 308 cans the 22's are shit... </div></div>

Why do you say that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the paperwork for my mite getting done. I shot one on a couple of hand guns and it sounded pretty quite. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong. YHM is a good bang for the buck company. </div></div>

Just an observation...

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything positive about ANY YHM product without saying things like "good for the money" or "okay for the price". In my humble opinion EVERY product by YHM is functional but targeted at the budget customer market. They don't make a single thing I consider "best of breed" or top tier.

And most people who are satisfied with their YHM products don't really have much experience with other, better products.

I have long held the opinion that I should "buy once, cry once...but don't overbuy." To me that means I should buy the best product to satisfy my needs/requirements but don't throw away money on a more expensive product if that added expense isn't gaining me any benefits. As they say, YMMV. If a Mite is a satisfactory performer for someone, that is great for them. For me personally the better products were worth the added expense and I have zero regrets for spending the extra money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the paperwork for my mite getting done. I shot one on a couple of hand guns and it sounded pretty quite. For the price, I don't think you can go wrong. YHM is a good bang for the buck company. </div></div>

Just an observation...

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything positive about ANY YHM product without saying things like "good for the money" or "okay for the price". In my humble opinion EVERY product by YHM is functional but targeted at the budget customer market. They don't make a single thing I consider "best of breed" or top tier.

And most people who are satisfied with their YHM products don't really have much experience with other, better products.

I have long held the opinion that I should "buy once, cry once...but don't overbuy." To me that means I should buy the best product to satisfy my needs/requirements but don't throw away money on a more expensive product if that added expense isn't gaining me any benefits. As they say, YMMV. If a Mite is a satisfactory performer for someone, that is great for them. For me personally the better products were worth the added expense and I have zero regrets for spending the extra money. </div></div>

and this is true, if all you want is a suppressor to keep your ears from ringing then you win with a mite.

if your on a life or death situation with a rifle yhm might not be your thing.

since we are talking a p22 id say the price is right... my mainly goal in a 22 suppressor was mono core and then price per performance... and from what i read and the tests i seen the tm zephyr seems really really nice for the money

I like my MITE.. it fell into the BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK catergory for me.
Got it for $200 and besides the FRP I have no complaints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdjJgotAmpE

DSC03532-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
and this is true, if all you want is a suppressor to keep your ears from ringing then you win with a mite.

if your on a life or death situation with a rifle yhm might not be your thing.

since we are talking a p22 id say the price is right... my mainly goal in a 22 suppressor was mono core and then price per performance... and from what i read and the tests i seen the tm zephyr seems really really nice for the money </div></div>

I totally agree. I don't know why people bash certain suppressor products. It's like any thing else a balance of personal requirements versus cost. There is nothing wrong with owning an YHM Mite if it fits ones needs. Are there better performers; probably but maybe the extra expense and weight is not worth it for some peoples needs. My gf was not interested in shooting at all until I got the Walther P22 and the YHM Mite. Total cost with state tax and fed tax stamp was $725. She absolutely loves to shoot this combination and the smile on her face (and mine watching her) is priceless. I wanted a small light weight combination and this is all we need. No need for any thing else.

Now my needs for shooting my precision bolt .308 are different and I went with the extra expense and got the SureFire suppressor. Funny thing about this choice is it's probably one of the best out there, but some body will certainly chime in and say it's junk and there is a better choice. For sure suppressors are a very emotional topic. In my opinion the best suppressor is the one you have.

Walther P22 and YHM Mite (Al and SS version)
m7uaug.jpg

YHM duo: Mite and SS Phantom 5.56
287d8gw.jpg

SureFire FA762SS
jidqad.jpg

I've used a Mite for about 2 years now - and 3,000 rounds...on a marvel, 10/22's, and a spikes top end. it is fine - I just unscrew it after each session - clean it after 500 rounds.. Not a noticeable difference between that can and others I own.

But then again, I have had people swear to me they can hear a difference when they painted the ends of CD's with a magic marker also...