• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors YHM Phantom 7.62 Qd on 26" barrel????????????

Jericho941

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Springfield, MO.
Does anyone use this combination?

I seem to always see them on 18" and 20" barrels, and I am wondering how the extra barrel length will effect the POI. Will this combo work?

The rifle I want to put the suppressor on is a factory Rem 700 VSF .308win

Pics if you have them.....please
smile.gif

Re: YHM Phantom 7.62 Qd on 26" barrel????????????

Ive got a YHM 762 Phantom on my 24" badger build. Its a bit long but its accuracy is so excellent that I dont want to cut the barrel down.

I can't say I never will, but I won't be doing anything big enough to cut my barrel for that sole purpose.

You're not going to know how it will effect poi until you put it on your barrel. It may just effect it in elevation only but......

Most suppressors affect POI no matter the barrel length. I know some rifle/can combos may not, but that doesn't mean you can slap it on your buddy's rifle and it is guaranteed to retain 0 POI shift. The important question is is it repeatable? If yes, dialing in a minute or two in the elevation and windage when you remove it ain't no thang.

I have the same can and like you usually use it short, but I put it on a 24" and it was about the same as on a 18. As stated above subs were better from the shorter for me.

I just had my Rem 700 .308 barrel cut back from that setup to 22 in. I haven't do too much shooting with either set up but from the shooting I have done I haven't noticed any difference in the degree of POI shift. I had the barrel cut back because my .308 looked like a .50 cal with the can. I have the YHM stainless phantom.

I have the same suppressor and had it on a 27.5" barrel. I had no issues with accuracy. However, with the suppressor on it was very unbalanced and cumbersome. I would go to pick it up and I weren't careful it would tip forward and nearly hit the ground. Had it cut back to 24" and its perfect. I have no issuses at all now. POA/POI shift was the same with 27.5" barrel as it is now with 24", bout 1.75" low with suppressor. Zeroed suppressed and I never shoot any other way now, but if I do, then I know what to dial.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Riley501</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same suppressor and had it on a 27.5" barrel. I had no issues with accuracy. However, with the suppressor on it was very unbalanced and cumbersome. I would go to pick it up and I weren't careful it would tip forward and nearly hit the ground. Had it cut back to 24" and its perfect. I have no issuses at all now. POA/POI shift was the same with 27.5" barrel as it is now with 24", bout 1.75" low with suppressor. Zeroed suppressed and I never shoot any other way now, but if I do, then I know what to dial. </div></div>

I have seen the same results very minimal drift at 100 yards left to right but see It sends all rounds low at 100yrds I have seen 1 to 4 inch differences in drop I can't exlain this anymore than anyone that is not an expert on this nor do I need to, it's the common sense factor.

Barrel length won't effect point of impact any different with an 18 inch barrel with or without a suppressor it will just effect velocities which will effect you down range.

i WANTED a 26" barrel on my .243WSSM but the builder said it would take an extra 12 weeks so i opted to go with the 24"
Alas, here is the YHM Phantom 762 QD on mine. (im in the front)

RangeTime-1.jpg