• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Yo, Premier fanbois!

Re: Yo, Premier fanbois!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mescalito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...this thread taught me how to conduct myself better here. </div></div>

It taught me that I could have saved myself a lot of trouble by proofreading my posts before submitting them. I must have been looking between my legs while typing. 6" would not be a typo in that department. But hey, we do the best with what we have. I also think that if I post some observations in the future I will have the most precise numbers possible. While being able to view letters closer to 13" under ideal conditions at 2.83 miles would tend to indicate 16" characters would be visible just 300 yards further, I would rather have said in the first place exactly what the measurements are. Now there is some trucker in Alberta still scratching his head over why the hell somebody would be measuring a Home Depot sign next to the Interstate. I'm very glad it wasn't the Dept. of Homeland Security sign out at the airport.

I call BS on everything (I just want to fit in). Very nice scope. It should serve you really well.

Alright, one more picture since all this finally goaded me into learning how to take through-scope pix. If you have a Canon SX10IS or similar, probably an F-stop of 5.6 or close is best and just leave it on normal focus (rather than macro). I was able, after carefully positioning the camera, to zoom in a bit, which helps. You want to be able to use the optics to fill as much of the CCD as possible, but positioning is very finicky. I can see why some people take the time to put the scope and the camera on tripods instead.

deck_view_3_w_inset.jpg

A good point that was made to me in a PM is that the difference in height helps cut down the atmospheric distortion. Certainly makes sense. And as if I haven't said it enough, the conditions around here have been ideal. Next summer during a forest fire I won't be able to see a damn thing.

What people have to remember is that the OP is in Montana high off the ground. Shooting in the prone at my ranch with my PH on 25X, I couldn't read 6" lettering at 1,000 yards, but then, at 200' above sea level and with wafting mirage pretty much all of the time, it is not going to happen regardless of optic.

The atmospherics matter. A lot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What people have to remember is that the OP is in Montana high off the ground.</div></div>

Some people think it's Heaven!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The OP admitted his error and corrected it without any fuss. Then bandwagoners like KY wouldn't let up and he even so proudly stated he'd do his own experiment with his own kit to prove the OP wrong/liar and was rude and arrogant about it too (despite the obvious error of such an assertion given different locations and conditions - again, politely pointed out by the OP).

Then when the OP, rather humbly, went clearly out of his way to prove his integrity on this, what happens? Not a word from Mr. JumpToConclusions.

I think THAT is what people are commenting on Mike, not the issue of the original claim of 6" @ 3 mile should not have been called out.

Regarding ex's, mine won't stop calling. Apparently inches don't count when there's a 1/3 of a yard to deal with... lol! </div></div>

Calm down Nancy. I only said that 6" letter at 3 miles was BS. Thats not possible. I also called BS on the fact that without pictorial proof that 16" letters at 3 miles was very questionable. If they are 16" great... more power to you the OP and Premier. Will we ever know the real measurements short of going there? No... I didn't come on here and post a tirade of insults and rants. I just called BS....

It's the internet, relax! If I hurt anyones feelings I apologize. ;(

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The OP admitted his error and corrected it without any fuss. Then bandwagoners like KY wouldn't let up and he even so proudly stated he'd do his own experiment with his own kit to prove the OP wrong/liar and was rude and arrogant about it too (despite the obvious error of such an assertion given different locations and conditions - again, politely pointed out by the OP).

Then when the OP, rather humbly, went clearly out of his way to prove his integrity on this, what happens? Not a word from Mr. JumpToConclusions.

I think THAT is what people are commenting on Mike, not the issue of the original claim of 6" @ 3 mile should not have been called out.

Regarding ex's, mine won't stop calling. Apparently inches don't count when there's a 1/3 of a yard to deal with... lol! </div></div>

Calm down Nancy. I only said that 6" letter at 3 miles was BS. Thats not possible. I also called BS on the fact that without pictorial proof that 16" letters at 3 miles was very questionable. If they are 16" great... more power to you the OP and Premier. Will we ever know the real measurements short of going there? No... I didn't come on here and post a tirade of insults and rants. I just called BS....

It's the internet, relax! If I hurt anyones feelings I apologize. ;( </div></div>

Everyone seems calm to me? This is what you said:

Originally Posted By: KYS338
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excuses are like buttholes, we all have them and they stink.

I think it not possible for you to spot 16" tall letters at 3 miles. And to prove that I can go to my 4th floor office and look back at my farm. If I cant read the lettering on out main entrance gate, you are exaggerating the scopes capabilities. I will take a NF F1, a Premier Heritage, and my 5-25 S&B.
</div></div>

In light of what has since transpired you would do well to man up and admit you jumped the gun and ended up with egg plastered squarely on your nogin
smile.gif
Or you could go with your most recent post and continue to look like a complete asshat....

KYS338, no feelings hurt, but I didn't appreciate that I was basically being called a liar. BTW, Knight11B4 called for pictorial proof, not you. Nowhere did I see a request like that from you. Instead, only assertions that what I said was "BS" - even after I corrected a typo and did what I could to prove what I said was true.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will we ever know the real measurements short of going there?</div></div>
You or anybody else is more than welcome to contact me if you're ever in the Helena area and stop by. I'd just as soon keep the discussion educational or hear some good shooting/hunting stories.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The OP admitted his error and corrected it without any fuss. Then bandwagoners like KY wouldn't let up and he even so proudly stated he'd do his own experiment with his own kit to prove the OP wrong/liar and was rude and arrogant about it too (despite the obvious error of such an assertion given different locations and conditions - again, politely pointed out by the OP).

It's the internet, relax! If I hurt anyones feelings I apologize. ;( </div></div>

Nancy - yeah, 'cos name calling from behind a keyboard is for real men...

EventHorizon - you are the one getting all bent out of shape over this. Not me.

If you would read a little more closely I think you would catch that I did apologize for any hurt feelings my statement caused. Im not afraid to admit when I've messed up on something.

But you still want to discuss how I didn't admit i was wrong? Oh ok, makes sense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EventHorizon - you are the one getting all bent out of shape over this. Not me.

If you would read a little more closely I think you would catch that I did apologize for any hurt feelings my statement caused. Im not afraid to admit when I've messed up on something.

But you still want to discuss how I didn't admit i was wrong? Oh ok, makes sense. </div></div>

what part of this sentence is about admitting you were wrong?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nancy - yeah, 'cos name calling from behind a keyboard is for real men...</div></div>

I'll answer for you in case an adult isn't present to help you - none. Learn to read kid, then learn comprehension. Enough of this nonsense with you.

Once again, EH.....

You need to check YOUR reading and comprehension skills. I apologized before you got a change to take your little jabs.

The End

Wow, lotta shit to wade through.

I have the same scope, will not make claims, just say that the glass is fantastic, I like the weight (compared to my Heritage 3-15), miss the reset turrets, but like the clicks more on the LT.

I would say more, but it's time to go shoot stuff.