• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You are not listening and it’s costing you

Lesson 1 in avoiding scammers. Be a Dick to them.
D745510C-EF31-40D7-A9EB-98CE53159EDB.png

99C7171D-4846-4654-9E6F-43AD4174C646.png

• Haha
Reactions: long range sponge
The scam that prompted this post was textbook

they just didn't pay any attention, several got nailed and all chased a great deal
If its all new guys that won't listen then oh well. I use the PX and would hate to see it go. That being said whatever works for LL im good with. I would be all for the post counts and having to pay to play, or some other ODD requirement to post for sale...

I think many of us including myself have called out guys directly just trying to sell. Maybe we should do more?

If its all new guys that won't listen then oh well. I use the PX and would hate to see it go. That being said whatever works for LL im good with. I would be all for the post counts and having to pay to play, or some other ODD requirement to post for sale...

I think many of us including myself have called out guys directly just trying to sell. Maybe we should do more?
I’ve gotten bolder about calling out shit. I didn’t pay to play. I put in my post count to truly become a member of this community. It pisses me off when fuckheads come in and piss all over it. I think calling out shit is the answer

Reactions: 308pirate
I've bought and sold stuff on this site for many years now although I don't see the PX as the primary purpose of this site.

There are several good ideas on how to make the Hide less appealing to scammers and I think that is worth pursuing.

We have developed a network of enthusiasts here that operate within a fairly small niche. Many names are recognized and there is a level of respect and trust (or not) that is afforded to members accordingly. If the PX was removed, we would have to find another place for our small niche to conduct business where we wouldn't have the history that we do here and that would leave us at potentially greater risk.

I understand Frank's frustration with dealing with drama but people have no business dragging him into their failed transactions. You think Zuckerberg gives a shit if you get scammed on Facebook Marketplace? GTFOH.

Frank, I love the PX and wholly believe it is integral to the site. My current A5 and ATACR came from here (as well as a lot of other stuff that I would not have otherwise). I am a network engineer and know how frustrating it gets. Eventually you just want to let it burn. I have made mistakes in life that show emotional responses rarely feel as good as they sound. In the end, it is your ball and your call, so I can only say thank you for what you have done.

Just wanted to say thank to you Frank and the moderators for this fantastic forum. I like all the information that can be found and the PX part to buy and sell. I don’t have a lot of posts because I’m definitely not as experienced as a lot of you guys at shooting long range. So I do a lot more reading than giving advice. I will chime in here or there if I feel if I can give a correct answer.

I've bought several items in the PX, all great experiences. I look at history, postings, and usually have a call to verify. That quickly rules out people who are here just to spam, especially ones from foreign countries. I'm in favor of leaving it as is. It works fine if "I do my part.".

Love the site and love the PX. I'm newer here and have already had several successful transactions on PX. There is a level of transaction comfort here that is not shared when using other platforms.
I really hope the PX stays (used it just today to get an upper) as it has allowed a plethora more successful transactions vs. scams. It also allows for individuals to get good prices on items they couldn't otherwise afford.
Either way, I'll be around learning from those far more experienced than myself. Thank you for this site and all that it offers.

I’d sure hate to see the PX go away as it allows us poors to access equipment that may be out of reach with a limited budget.

The 100 post count has been in service for some time and of course there are those that will game it to try to circumvent it’s purpose. Can you impose a 1 year, 100 post requirement on new users? Not to say they won’t find a way to get around it but it should stop the casual fraudsters.

I’ve bought and sold in the PX as well and have to admit, it is one of the biggest draws of the site for me, among other portions as well.
You can find stuff here you can’t find anywhere else.
I would hate to see it go, but I also understand where Frank is coming from.
This isn’t eBay and people can’t expect it to be. Any sale should only include the seller and buyer. If someone gets screwed, report it, learn from it, and move on. Don't hound Frank about it.

Last edited: