• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You have 10 minutes to evacuate. What do you take?

So far, it looks like the livestock and pets live , the wives.............not so much. Hope they don't have the password to this site!!! How do you spell, "couch-forever", aka dry dock.

With all the discussion around the fires, I thought I might throw this out for those who have the knowledge to help.
The question is: You have 10 minutes to leave your house. The fire is 1/4 mile away and moving fast. It is almost certain your home will burn.
What should a person take with them?

The launch codes.

Wait is this a trick question? Is this my time or my bosses time? My time..... my dog, my back pack, the bottle, and insurance cards. My bosses 10 minutes means backing the truck up to the door and loading all guns, ammo, clothes, big screen, all important docs, dog, dog food, frig, and maybe my bed.

All of our important documents including DD-214, insurances, med cards, copies of ID cards, birth certs, bank stuff and some photos are kept in a small, fireproof roll away safe.
Other than family, pets, that goes first.
Clothes, firearms, ammo, food and water.
A chainsaw with fuel and extra fuel for vehicles.
All of this would take just a couple of minutes.
However, I have 5 trees behind my house (not on my property) that could be cut to create a good fire break.

Oh, and the last thing is the lawnmower because the boys aren't getting outta cutting the grass that easy. 😁

Reactions: lash
I’ve identified a few local things that could end up causing an evacuation from our home, and worked to make sure our short-term needs would be met in that situation. If we had to bug out and go somewhere else inhurry - we are somewhat prepared.

I’ve got a “go bag” that’s locked in a safe with the important docs, some cash, a couple of handguns, mags and ammo. A couple of changes of clothes for me. That’s just to help speed things on my end. I would have to make the decision about which long gun and or ammo to take, depending on if our reason for leaving was violence related or natural disaster related. Pretty much everything would end up being abandoned if required for our survival.

We’ve also got a big plastic tote full of “to go” food if we had to instantly bug out. It’s mainly granola bars, PB&J with crackers, some canned stuff, but mainly food that doesn’t need to be cooked. Some small flashlights, first aid kit, roll of TP, a pair of BaoFengs, matches, cell phone chargers.... little crap that might be useful that you wouldn’t want to waste time on collecting if you had to bail with family in tow. There is also a case of water sitting on top of this tote, since it goes as a package. This is only to keep us comfortable while on the way to somewhere else.

I need approx. 2 minutes to load my bag, load the tote and water, and then start working on the rest of the bugout....

The entire battle and or challenge would be getting the wife and daughters and pets out in a timely fashion. While we’ve all agreed to have our important things ready to go if need be, you know their “requirements” change from hour to hour and none of it is ready to go.