• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

you know how certain things should always be...

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
but sometimes they arent? i have a set of dies that i used on some lake city match brass as well as on some commercial match brass, black hills and hornady. well the necks on the lake city will hold a bullet, the commercial neither will. the rounds can be pushed all the way in. lake city has thicker brass, commercial thinner. one works the other doesnt. so i gotta get a new die. but 308 is 308 right? so i score a deal on a PRS stock. i know, but i had a look in mind and this is what i wanted to build. well the guy had the tube, buffer and spring so i got them cheap. i take my 6 position off, put that on my 308 dpms and go to put the standard length tube on my ar15... threads line up, they are clean, i get 1 maybe 2 turns and it stops, its too tight to go in enought to retain the pin that retains the buffer. just cant believe the luck. ill try it in a few other lowers when my neighbor gets home. if i get ambitious ill try it in the 308. it came off a rifle so it has worked. ever have one of those days? lives? lol

Re: you know how certain things should always be...

sound like you should have went to school like i did and get a degree in HAMMER technology.....they make hammers in all different sizes you know, then tape it off and paint to match the finish.............

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always found chasing threads after I take stuff off works. Wish I had my Pop's tool chest with all the cool tools I been missing... </div></div>The only problem with chasing these is the hard anodizing gets damaged, leaving the relatively soft 7075T6 exposed.

OP; Tube might be out of round.

well it goes in easily at the start, it shows no signs of being off center. plus it just came off a guys rifle. he had it installed so i should be able to do the same. when i can get to my neighbors, i will try it in another lower. plus there is no indication in the anodizing of any excessive wear from contact. it just wont screw in past a few turns.