• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s You know it is going to be a bad day when..................

Decoy

Nobody
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
Washington
99id8h.jpg

When you don't have your bear gun or a slower runner!

Last edited:
The biggest BLACK bear I ever saw was in the Smoky Mountains National Park. (We live fairly close an get there a lot.) This guy was 4 feet at the shoulder and at least 7 feet tail to snout. He was across a 40 acre field about 300 yards away. I turned to say something to my wife and see looked funny and said "LOOK". There was this idiot with a photographic tripod with a camera mounted on it RUNNING up behind the bear. It looked like he was closing on 200 feet and I told my wife, "we need to go... NOW."

I've seen a couple of people get swatted by a bear. I don't feel like getting the inside of our van all bloody. If I had been in the old RamCharger, I might have stuck around.

That would get my full attention. We had a black bear show up at a shoot at Academi. We were shooting Garands at the 200 yard line on the 1000 yard range. She stood up by the executive protection training area around the 300 yard line for a good ten minutes, crossed the range to the road, went into the portajohn at the 600 yard line and then she went and collected her cubs by the main road and disappeared.

When people ask me if the bear shits in the woods, i explain that I am pretty sure they use the portajohn.

Was camping with the future wife, when we returned to the tent we found it all torn up. She was yelling about kids stealing beer when I calmly asked her to get in the truck, she turned to me and kept yelling about the camp, I told her again to get in the dam truck, she started to tell me that I was a as$ hole, then I shined the light on the bear that was about 10yds from her. She walked to the truck, and never questioned me about it ever again. He was every bit of 300lbs.

Being an Alaskan (by choice, not chance),, I think I can explain this picture, cute mid sized-ish brownie btw:

Me: "oh, f*ck,, beowulf don't fail me now"

Mr Brownie: "Sir, just drop the fish/deer/moose/bou and walk away. Noone needs to get hurt here, there is NO PROBLEM."

Me: "sh*t, I'm sluicing today,, NO fish"

Mr Brownie: "Wait, there is NO fish/deer/moose/bou???? THAT'S GONNA BE A PROBLEM ! I just noticed, is that a .50 beowulf?"

Me: "why yes it is"

Mr Brownie: "interesting gun,, the last jerk who tried shooting at me used a .500 Smith, I'm still waiting for him to get his sight picture back.. 12 rounds,,semi-auto, on a lower you are intimately familiar with, muscle memory and all....hmm. You running the Hornady 350 or 500gr XTP's?"

Me: " Hawks 400grs actually, thicker jackets and all, my geletin tests made my penis hard. Doing about 2 MOA out to 120yds..How's the fish?"

Mr. Brownie: "silvers sucked,, just waiting for the pinks now. you got a snickers or a ham samich or something?"

Me: "I got a zip-loc full of carnitas"

Mr. Brownie: "cool cool, tell you what,,open it and toss it over in that devils' club and we'll call the whole thing even".

Me: " good day to you, sir "

Mr. Brownie: happy,happy,happy

Last edited: