• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You know Your Addicted to Reloading When....

Re: You know Your Addicted to Reloading When....

You cause a traffic jam when you jump out of your jeep to pick up what you thought was a wheel weight.

Damn, yeah I have about 60 pounds of wheel weights in my room and I don't even have any casting equipment yet. D:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know how anyone could be addicted to reloading. I hate it. Just a necessary evil sometimes. The less I have to do it the better LOL </div></div>

BLASPHEMY !!

Off with his head........

...you pay for range admission, just to pick up brass.

And Rob, I love reloading, but hate load development. Holy hell, talk about an uneventful range trip.... I'd rather be ringing steel or even shooting dot drills.

if your local fire department has a special pre-plan on file for your house due to the ammounts of powder, primers, and loaded ammo you are storing there!

as a firefighter even i am scared if my house ever has a fire lol

...when you're at the telephone, throw the lighted cigarette in one of your ashtrays, and the same ashtray contains a little bit of powder coming from your last 5 discarded loads _ (for reloaders,smoking is mandatory,of course, as having ever some spent primer engraved under the shoes )

You own 7 dies for just sizing one caliber.

One makes everything too small then stretches the neck back to a standard size.

One sizes the neck only but still isn't just right.

One makes the neck too small then pulls an expander ball back through it that makes it crooked and too tight.

One sizes the neck but leaves big ridges where the collet gaps are.

One die can only size the body.

One die bumps the shoulder but then you have to find the right bushing so the bullet tension is just right. That bushing always seems to be on the shelf back at Brownells or Midway. Never on MY shelf.

And lastly, a die that makes all neck ID's the same, regardless of whether you used the right bushing or not.

Did I mention that they represent four different manufacturers and that's just the sizing dies for ONE caliber?

All your friends ask you to do load development for them.

You notice your friends start using the same reloading components as you.
(Berger bullets and Norma brass)

Your friends call you from the sporting goods store, asking you what they need to buy, and, "what's the recipe for my..."

You actually know your friends reloading equipment and pet loads better than they do. You probably helped them select both.

After a load workup shot, you spend more time inspecting the brass than the target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And Rob, I love reloading, but hate load development. Holy hell, talk about an uneventful range trip.... I'd rather be ringing steel or even shooting dot drills.</div></div>

Sorry but I would rather be out shooting than sitting in a room dumping powder and seating bullets. No fun there at all. Actually load developement is more fun as you are looking for something. Once you find it it's just the monotony of loading.

...when you buy the 8 lb size of a powder you have yet to try.

...when your garden has more corn cob than soil

...when your browser bookmarks read Powder Valley, Graf & sons, Midwayusa, Sinclair...

...when shooting becomes hand loading backwards

When you are friends with the production manager at Sierra Bullets and order bullets for him to bring home 10lbs at a time.

You have dies for 28 different calibers.

It pisses you off that you cannot reload rimfire.

When your first born's name is Dillon (NO KIDDING) wife found out why after he was 2 months old.

You question if 5000 rds of brass is enough for each caliber.

You have a 55 gallon drum 1/3 full of wheel weights for casting cheaper bullets.

You have 5 presses.

Your reloading room/man-cave is far more hi-tech than the rest of the house and larger than any other room in the house.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When your first born's name is Dillon (NO KIDDING) wife found out why after he was 2 months old.
</div></div>

My second is due in 3 weeks. I asked my wife what she thought of the name "Meplat".

Or...you reload cartridges that you have no weapons for.

Guilty as charged, your honor.

Chris

hey you never know you might come across a gun in that caliber by the afternoon. always pays to be prepared

You will sit out in your Garage and reload when it is 110 degrees outside and you take more time wiping sweat from your glasses so you can see than actually reloading!!!

Your thinking about starting a side bussines to pay for equipment and so you can order brass from governmentliquidaters.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hrsuhd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your thinking about starting a side bussines to pay for equipment and so you can order brass from governmentliquidaters.com
</div></div>

I just checked that site and WOW there are some deals if you're willing to buy in bulk! For instance:
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=5385761&convertTo=USD

Assuming 1,000 pieces weigh 13 pounds, you're looking at over TWO MILLION pieces. And for that price we could make a killing. Group buy? For the shipping of course, haha.

You keep hoping somebody posted a new one on this thread since the last time you checked. This is entertaining as hell.
smile.gif

When you get out of your car at a red light to pick up a wheel weight so you can melt it later for casting bullets!

Yup I've done it a bunch. My wife now spots for me and tells me when she sees one laying on her side. Lol

You dive head first in to the range trash can after you hear some one say you can have my brass but I just threw it away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And Rob, I love reloading, but hate load development. Holy hell, talk about an uneventful range trip.... I'd rather be ringing steel or even shooting dot drills.</div></div>

Sorry but I would rather be out shooting than sitting in a room dumping powder and seating bullets. No fun there at all. Actually load developement is more fun as you are looking for something. Once you find it it's just the monotony of loading. </div></div>

Y'know, before I started reloading, I think I would've agreed with you. Load development seems like something I would/should enjoy. I think my problem is I only get to the range two or three times a month, so I'd rather spend not spend that time with load development. That's probably the reason I like reloading, too. Even if I can't get to the range, I can still do something firearm related. Call me crazy....

You go out an buy a Lee Hand Press so you can sit and prep brass while watching TV with your wife. You have Breech Lock bushings for your neck size/shoulder bump die, your collet die, and your Expander die, just so you can get as much done without getting out of your chair. The priming tool and a couple of extra trays of primers are in the side-table drawer.

When you have everything you can possibly need to be a very good handloader then you start buying it over again so you can have two of them in order to load faster....:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coryfls3vvt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you have everything you can possibly need to be a very good handloader then you start buying it over again so you can have two of them in order to load faster....:) </div></div>

lol.......
two or more

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coryfls3vvt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you have everything you can possibly need to be a very good handloader then you start buying it over again so you can have two of them in order to load faster....:) </div></div>

Or you have everything you need and decide to try out the "other brand" to see if it really "better" like the ad says.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RampedRaptor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sat on the toilet while on ur mobile device searching snipershide reloading forums in order to increase your reloading knowledge! </div></div>
Thought I was the only one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadshot2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When the Post Person drives by your house and gives you dirty looks. Seems to have issues with those 50# Flat Rate boxes of bullets she has to deliver every few months. </div></div>

smile.gif

My post-woman said last time "are you buying bolts?" *shakes box

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cronos</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

My second is due in 3 weeks. I asked my wife what she thought of the name "Meplat". </div></div>

"Ogive" has a nice ring to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: easternncnative</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

"Ogive" has a nice ring to it. </div></div>
lol I did think of that one

When you buy seconds, and third press set ups, so you don't have to "move" anything, after its all "perfect"!<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Line-of-Departure</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you have everything you can possibly need to be a very good handloader then you start buying it over again so you can have two of them in order to load faster....:) </div></div>

When you "seriously consider" the logistics of this thought! I've got the space to divy it up. Where do I get the boxes, in bulk?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hrsuhd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your thinking about starting a side bussines to pay for equipment and so you can order brass from governmentliquidaters.com
</div></div>

I just checked that site and WOW there are some deals if you're willing to buy in bulk! For instance:
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=5385761&convertTo=USD

Assuming 1,000 pieces weigh 13 pounds, you're looking at over TWO MILLION pieces. And for that price we could make a killing. Group buy? For the shipping of course, haha. </div></div>

I'm with you, except that I understand some people are addicted to some pretty weird shit out there, and reloading is very low on the weirdness scale.

Repetition just is not my cup o tea. I keep my current loading project ready to go at the next step, then I duck in and load for an hour at a time. That's about the extent of my attention span.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't know how anyone could be addicted to reloading. I hate it. Just a necessary evil sometimes. The less I have to do it the better LOL </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RampedRaptor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sat on the toilet while on ur mobile device searching snipershide reloading forums in order to increase your reloading knowledge! </div></div>

FKG GUILTY here!!!!!

And all of your secret money is supplanted towards your supplies, to the penny!!!

When you haven't actually started reloading but you read this thread and think "What a bunch of brilliant ideas! I can't wait to get started!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm building a house this year and my reloading room is as big as the master bedroom.

Floor Plan. Reloading room is circled.
house.jpg
</div></div>

LOL!!! NICE!

...when at your first try you have destroyed your preferred S&W, and since that you can say that was a quality revolver,because with a inferior product you can have lost some finger_ overall,since that you understand you can only reload better, because worst is very difficult _

When you call friends up right before bed and ask them to use there Dillon for a hour or so.

When you carry a empty coffee can in your truck with "Brass" written on it, to put your spare change in so your wife won't look there for change.

When you were using a kinetic bullet puller and hit a live primer on the ground and thought the round went off.

when you showed up late to work just so you can use the new scale and dies you got for christmas... (but it doesnt really matter i live .9 of a mile from work ;-) )

When you have all these little baggies of sorted oddball brass you've picked up, and have no rifles for. ...In case you might wind up with one of those rifles someday. Or, just in case you end up with a 100 piece bag of something that some stranger needs someday, and you will be able to trade him for something neato.

When you find brass that you forget about and it makes you feel like you just won the lottery.

When your biggest concern about moving is lifting all of the bullets and brass.

You keep reloading components for guns/caibers you no longer own on the off chance you may buy one in that caliber "someday".

Your favorite custom die maker relies on you for his retirement plan.

Your friends whisper about you "hoarding" ammunition.

When you walk around your house and think how good of a reloading bench your furniture would make.... i.e, kitchen counters and cabinets, end tables, entertainment center, etc.

When your only purpose for shooting at the range that day is to "empty" some brass so you can go home and reload try a new load.