• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s You saw the tumbler? Now watch this.

Re: You saw the tumbler? Now watch this.

That had to be in fast forward or something, holy crap, one slip and he would be a goner, hes got balls

BIG FREAKING DEAL!!!!
Cmon you guys outta have GREAT attention to detail hanging out here? Did no one notice the red/blue and climbing skill?
My point>>> SPIDER MAN....he just let his hair grow out an lost the mask.
An i thought it was fun seeing how fast we could get up the indoor walls with big holds, that is pretty impressive. Especially that lunging grab

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hes got balls </div></div>

He HAD balls. The guy died doing some crazy free fall experiment with a climbing rope. It was successful the first time, but failed the second.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: E3C3H3O3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hes got balls </div></div>

He HAD balls. The guy died doing some crazy free fall experiment with a climbing rope. It was successful the first time, but failed the second.

Josh </div></div>

Really?, well that sucks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. Fucking. Way. </div></div>
^^^ The EXACT three words that came to my mind...

wow that is incredible, how does he get down once he's all the way to the top?

Dan Osman was pretty impressive. It was only a matter of time before he got hurt or died, just weird the way his ticket finally got punched...

DAAAAMN!!!!!

I'm not a climber, don't want to be and never will want to be but I thought the whole idea behind it was to maintain 3 points of contact with the rock? I suppose he was just secure with his skill.

Either way, he sure lived that whole "Do or Do Not, There is no try" thing. He did and did until one day he did not.

BTW, I bet Spider Man was jealous of that speed.

Did any of you see, where he fing jumped up and grabbed onto a crack. I mean HE JUMPED while on the face of a cliff. My legs are quivering sitting in my living room. DAMN!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fox5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow that is incredible, how does he get down once he's all the way to the top? </div></div>

He just jumps down, freefall

Good Lord. That made me sick just watching. With ropes yeah, but damn.

Dan Osman died November 23, 1998 at the age of 35 after his rope failed while performing a "controlled free-fall" jump from the Leaning Tower rock formation in Yosemite National Park. Osman had come back to Yosemite to dismantle the jump tower but apparently decided to make several jumps (over a few days) before doing so.[1] The failure was investigated by the National Park Service with assistance from Chris Harmston, Quality Assurance Manager at Black Diamond Equipment. Harmston concluded that a change in jump site angle probably caused the ropes to cross and entangle, leading to the rope cutting by melting.[2] Miles Daisher, who was with Osman when he made the jump, stated that the ropes used in his fatal jump had been exposed to inclement weather — including rain and snow — for more than a month before the fatal jump, but that the same ropes were used for several shorter jumps on the previous and same day.[1]

Yeah it was a sad day in the climbing community when he died. He was a great climber and was a great loss when he passed. The rangers and climbers do not get along in Yosemite. Its sad really how much they dislike one another. The ropes were left out for a long time in the weather. He was arrested for a outstanding warrant and when he got out he was told he had to go back and clean up all the ropes that were left up on the rock. When he got back to the Valley he started jumping on them again.... and that is when the tragedy happened.

After watching those two videos, I'm completely shocked he is dead. How could anyone see that coming?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xray9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/s...&FORM=VIRE3

And no rope either........xray9 </div></div>I respect his skill and admire his medicine balls but it just seems like such a foolish waste. One small slip and hamburger. And a cleanup bill for those who are left.

Check out "fall of the phantom lord" it's a great Bio about him, good read

I will have to get that book. When I climbed alot I loved watching the "Masters of stone" climbing videos. He was in all of them. That is were those videos came from.

There is a fine line between having "huge balls" and being "extraordinarily stupid", and the man in that video didn't know where the line was drawn.

Holy crap! I fell off a 4 ft ladder and broke my foot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ogreshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. Fucking. Way. </div></div>
^^^ The EXACT three words that came to my mind... </div></div>
+2

I used to climb and one day a guy was filmed a commercial and took about 4 falls on purpose for the camera. Well he never checked the gear and it popped on his last one and he got pretty banged up. The more you do something the more laxed you get. Dan was an awesome climber but at that level of danger its only a matter of time before you f-up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pumbaa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan Osman died November 23, 1998 at the age of 35 after his rope failed while performing a "controlled free-fall" jump from the Leaning Tower rock formation in Yosemite National Park. Osman had come back to Yosemite to dismantle the jump tower but apparently decided to make several jumps (over a few days) before doing so.[1] The failure was investigated by the National Park Service with assistance from Chris Harmston, Quality Assurance Manager at Black Diamond Equipment. Harmston concluded that a change in jump site angle probably caused the ropes to cross and entangle, leading to the rope cutting by melting.[2] <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Miles Daisher</span></span>, who was with Osman when he made the jump, stated that the ropes used in his fatal jump had been exposed to inclement weather — including rain and snow — for more than a month before the fatal jump, but that the same ropes were used for several shorter jumps on the previous and same day.[1] </div></div>

weird, I know Miles Daisher. If its the same guy on the red bull base jumping team.

Red Bull air force base jumping

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pumbaa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan Osman died November 23, 1998 at the age of 35 after his rope failed while performing a "controlled free-fall" jump from the Leaning Tower rock formation in Yosemite National Park. Osman had come back to Yosemite to dismantle the jump tower but apparently decided to make several jumps (over a few days) before doing so.[1] The failure was investigated by the National Park Service with assistance from Chris Harmston, Quality Assurance Manager at Black Diamond Equipment. Harmston concluded that a change in jump site angle probably caused the ropes to cross and entangle, leading to the rope cutting by melting.[2] Miles Daisher, who was with Osman when he made the jump, stated that the ropes used in his fatal jump had been exposed to inclement weather — including rain and snow — for more than a month before the fatal jump, but that the same ropes were used for several shorter jumps on the previous and same day.[1] </div></div>

I was with a rock climber GF at the time.. I remember he died doing a "slack rope" walk.. Not a jump of any type.. He strung rope or webbing across a gap and would walk across.. The webbing or rope was left out in the weather and it broke, He left behind a daughter I believe..

Sad..

That was just nuts to see someone climb that free.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chansen49</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember he died doing a "slack rope" walk.. Not a jump of any type..</div></div>

Memories sometimes fail. It was a "jump". Here's the link.

Link

Josh