• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You wanna see in a real Nuclear Alert Facility?

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    Recently decommissioned in 2005 and turned into a museum. They say they still utilize the actual computers from the 60’s because they are literally unhackable from the internet or even in person. It was trippy looking at all! I have had many friends here at Warren AFB that lived at these for work.
    723154EE-3729-4ECC-A731-4BCDF4D4C824.jpeg
    E29AB3EF-6CED-4ED7-9E3D-27ACD747C483.jpeg
    F82B02CD-B5A2-4356-B18B-3DEE950D79F0.jpeg
    F5D2F257-1BEC-4899-9F23-314518813806.jpeg
    C17E2E81-A3E4-414B-9C39-9598EDE569FA.jpeg
    5C1C6672-B24D-4EB4-8C97-32A434EAFE2B.jpeg
    06EE35C6-DC87-4FAB-A03F-B7604AF94AAE.jpeg

I like the mechanical portions of the displays. Rotary dial, mechanical keyboards. Things that are built to last.

Reactions: Bender
    Reminds me of the Titan Missile Museum south of Tucson. The most interesting thing to me was the entire place being mounted on large coil springs.

Reactions: kthomas and Bender
    It’s a peacekeeper site. These sites controlled 10 missiles each. The actual missile is not at this site. They are miles away.

Very cool, gotta take the wife there. She was a nuke in her Army days on the Pershing II systems, it's fun to watch her geek out on all things nuclear weapons related. She may be a kind hearted counselor, but deep down she's still a lover of WMDs designed to kill as many commies in one stroke as possible, and she very much would have turned the key if called upon.

Another great one to visit is the Minuteman Missile Site outside Wall, SD that's part of the US NPS, a great side trip whenever hitting up Badlands NP or Wall Drug. If you go there, reservations are required to enter the launch bunker so plan ahead.

• Love
    Very cool, gotta take the wife there. She was a nuke in her Army days on the Pershing II systems, it's fun to watch her geek out on all things nuclear weapons related. She may be a kind hearted counselor, but deep down she's still a lover of WMDs designed to kill as many commies in one stroke as possible, and she very much would have turned the key if called upon.

Another great one to visit is the Minuteman Missile Site outside Wall, SD that's part of the US NPS, a great side trip whenever hitting up Badlands NP or Wall Drug. If you go there, reservations are required to enter the launch bunker so plan ahead.
    Yes. This as well requires a reservation. It’s 30 mins north of Cheyenne right off I-25

Reminds me of the Titan Missile Museum south of Tucson. The most interesting thing to me was the entire place being mounted on large coil springs.

This museum is really cool, went there last year and loved it. Pretty fascinating.

Right down the road from me about 8 minutes. Definitely still within ground zero territory.

Was on our bucket list, until this C.V.19 shit flared up. But, one day, hopefully soon.
    By the way, great pics! Mac(y)