• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your all a bunch of women

Just because meatheads like you don't know anything about gears....don't ASSume the rest of us don't either.

Well it sure as shit looks like you don't know much. Telltalel sign is asking "why can't they/it" over and over. If you knew, you would know.

Well it sure as shit looks like you don't know much. Tell tell sign is asking "why can't they/it" over and over. If you knew, you would know.

Oh I'll use the same excuse as your buddies....."different application!!!"

Secondly, had you chose to read up, it's the bearings that are shitting the bed, and killing the gears. As if this never happens in "other applications"....yawn...

Tell us what YOU know about....what are you a subject matter expert on...except shit talking and having fun doing it?

Not powered by wind, solar, coal, gas, liquid petroleum...
Unknown-1.jpeg

Not with 4th gen reactors

Interesting, if they can make it safe and economical then nuclear is by far the best option as far as efficiency. The negative stigma will still carry some fear but that's where the government tax incentive to the community can help.

Good link, I'm going to dive more into it.

We just need to build a bunch of treadmills hooked up to generators and put them at holes in the border fence. (Stationary bikes are more efficient but keep getting carried off.)

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate

Secondly, had you chose to read up, it's the bearings that are shitting the bed, and killing the gears. As if this never happens in "other applications"....yawn...

Tell us what YOU know about....what are you a subject matter expert on...except shit talking and having fun doing it?

That is but one proposed theory among a plentiful of other theories regarding turbine failures.

Also, I wasn't giving "excuses" they are facts. Different applications have different requirements and yield different challenges for formulators (both chemists and engineers). It is no different than with guns, you have a tool for a specific job and based on the requirements of the mission you choose your tool. If it weren't the case everyone would buy the same gun (fluid) and use it for HD, PRS etc.

Reactions: 308pirate

I know they should be making them coggy thingies out of framulated amulite.

• Haha
Reactions: supercorndogs
Not powered by wind, solar, coal, gas, liquid petroleum...
View attachment 7697753
And has some fucking amazingly large gearboxes to couple turbines to prop shaft . . . . Seems like slamming into reverse, etc. would be a pretty biig shock load, but they don't seem to be failing . . . .

I vote flawed engineering, cheapness, and too much Chinesium in the alloy!

Last edited:
Reactions: lonegunman762x51
Y’all make it sound hard to make power. You should see some of the idiots I’ve met that can make tally bann look like college professors while making their own power…

You know we’ve had batteries that have lasted since 1901 and still going?

And has some fucking amazingly large gearboxes to xouple turbines to prop shaft . . . . Seems like slamming into revers3, etc. woild be a pretty biig shock load, but they don't seem to be failing . . . .

I vote flawed engineering, cheapness, and too much Chinesium in the alloy!

Compare the maintenance intervals between the applications and you'll have your answer.

There is no "shock load" when reversing a Nimitz-class carrier main engine. Or any other geared marine steam turbine engine, for that matter.
Perhaps if you slowly spin down, stop, and slowly spin up . . . . A situation I cannot fathom being maintained in combat conditions, but then again, I am not Navy either . . . . Avoidance maneuvers that may require one side balls out forward, and the other size balls out reverse plus a rudder hard over to avoid an incoming, well, either they don't do that, or I can't fathom no major stresses, but that the design supports it (unlike the Chinese junk in windmills . . . )

My main point is that a solution with longevity should be realizeable in wind *IF* CBS (cheap bastard syndrome) and piss-poor offshore quality and QA are not allowed to dominate the process.

Perhaps if you slowly spin down, stop, and slowly spin up . . . . A situation I cannot fathom being maintained in combat conditions, but then again, I am not Navy either . . . . Avoidance maneuvers that may require one side balls out forward, and the other size balls out reverse plus a rudder hard over to avoid an incoming, well, either they don't do that, or I can't fathom no major stresses, but that the design supports it (unlike the Chinese junk in windmills . . . )

My main point is that a solution with longevity should be realizeable in wind *IF* CBS (cheap bastard syndrome) and piss-poor offshore quality and QA are not allowed to dominate the process.

It's pretty clear that you've never operated a steam plant on a ship.

But do carry on.

I am amused.

Soooo what about the gears made by Siemens (German) that are failing in windmills?

Wind turbines are giant fucking Ponzi scheme.
Subsidized to the hilt by every government (tax payer/ ordinary people) of every country they're thrown in.
They build them as cheap as fuck so there's plenty of work for the management & maintenance companies which, in turn, cook the books to make them seem profitable then, when they've made their initial construction costs back & borrowed on that project to fund the next wind farm, solar farm, whatever, they then flog it off to superannuation funds for double or treble what the project can make over the design lifespan &, the average guy on the street gets to pay for the whole ripoff shebang twice.

Just because meatheads like you don't know anything about gears....don't ASSume the rest of us don't either.

Meatheads told Elon Musk he was crazy, now guys like him who broke the mold in a ton of places are gonna rule the roost pretty soon.

We're all going to forget about arguing on forums when his predictions about AI come true.
I still don’t get the Musk business model. If we remove direct government subsidies and revenues from the sales of government credits, has Musk or his companies ever earned a legitimate dollar since the inception of the Musk empire?

Now the guy is worth somewhere around $200b?

Sounds like the most brilliant scam artist in history to me.

We will get past that one day!
I’ve seen this before. 1st I’m thinking about a 6liter in-line 6. Gas. Twin turbo around 700hp/700torque In front of a 6l80 tranny, in front of an atlas 4speed. Then What they’re going to need to do is get the japs to make a their version of a Ford Dana 60 with these improvements: closed knuckle, cv’s 40 spline, reverse cut 10” drop out third. In the back how about a 14 bolt with a drop out third and disks. Oh yeah portal boxes all the way around.

What about the bearings you say? No timkens only koyo’s. Oh oh the gears. Yukon.

That wind mill will probably look a lot like this

62D14BAE-6EF3-4864-BB0B-2C0072689D0B.jpeg
Only better.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Wind turbines are giant fucking Ponzi scheme.
Subsidized to the hilt by every government (tax payer/ ordinary people) of every country they're thrown in.
They build them as cheap as fuck so there's plenty of work for the management & maintenance companies which, in turn, cook the books to make them seem profitable then, when they've made their initial construction costs back & borrowed on that project to fund the next wind farm, solar farm, whatever, they then flog it off to superannuation funds for double or treble what the project can make over the design lifespan &, the average guy on the street gets to pay for the whole ripoff shebang twice.

Here is a cool feature of about 98% of wind turbine leases offered to land owners. NONE of them include the costs of removal. Under every wind turbine is a massive concrete base and the thing weighs tons and includes tons of hazmat. When it quits operating, it is all yours. When the Ponzi scheme hit in my area, many land owners wanted the short term buck and ignored this problem because they were 65 and that problem is 20 years in the future.

Reactions: Barelstroker
Management cheaping out, or the designers clearly botching the design . . . seems pretty unlikely it would be a material problem there.

It's not a gear problem, it is an application problem.