• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

your choice of range bags

Re: your choice of range bags

i know its not the most expensive bag on the market, but i love the midway large range bad. i liked it so much for shooting i bought one and replaced one of my tool boxes

You can get a very stout tool bag from Lowes/ home depot, that works better than half the range bags on the market. I've found them work better and hold up better than most (range bags). Also, a lot cheaper!

+1 . I was using an eagle and also a bag from home depot the tool bag had better pockets and seems to hold up a little better aand cheaper
grin.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get a very stout tool bag from Lowes/ home depot, that works better than half the range bags on the market. I've found them work better and hold up better than most (range bags). Also, a lot cheaper! </div></div>

EOD bag

Cheap and effective. Cut off the zipper pulls and replace with 550 cord, add various molle pouches and it doubles for rifle or pistol use. Holds four Bore-Stores with pistols (more with some smaller pistols) including vacuum packed first aid kits and other stuff in the internal front pocket.

Can hold six boxes or more of rifle ammo plus a Triad databook setup with the rear "M4 magazine" pockets full of 50rd boxes of 22LR.

Dummy cord in a waterproof match case with extra foam earplugs and a Merit Aperture (damn these old eyes) along with a Surefire spares carrier and all I gotta carry is targets.

Even with four pistols there's room for a pair of Pentax 8x32 binocs. Added some molle hardware, fab'ed some straps with ITW h/w, and a Kowa spotting scope with small tripod can easily be strapped to the top of the rifle bag.

With molle pouches on the front you can carry parts, batteries, tools, cleaning stuff, flashlight, multitool, magazines, etc. without any trouble.

I put together one for pistols and one for rifles. Installed some siamese clips on the ladder side of the rifle bag for use with a homemade belt to keep it from flopping around when the Kowa scope is attached. The belt is easily removed, rolled up, and stored in the bag taking up little room as is the shoulder strap when storing them at home in the closet.

FWIW, Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can get a very stout tool bag from Lowes/ home depot, that works better than half the range bags on the market. I've found them work better and hold up better than most (range bags). Also, a lot cheaper! </div></div>

+1 Husky tool bag. Hauls it all..

My fiance got me one of the Large TacForce range bags a couple of years ago and its perfect for carrying a full days worth of ammo and gear to the range, including chrony, spotting scope, targets, sandbags, stapler,tools, etc. Mine routinely carries enough to feed my .308, 2 pistols w/8 mags each, an AR10 and a AR15 all with only one trip to the car for the ammo. Only bad part is a bag of this size encourages carrying way to much stuff to the range.

The 5.11 Tactical and most of all the Midway are copies of the Shooter's Connection bag. The Midway bag in no way can take the abuse of the Shooter's Connection bag and it's a very poor copy comparatively.

That said, I'd rather spend more money and help out a small American company than save a few bucks and buy a product that's made overseas (although sold by an American company)...especially with how much Chuck Bradley has done for the shooting sports given his company size.

Rich

i use the midway usa competition range bag and I love it! basicly is the knock off of the 5.11 range bag.
is good for a day at the range and i save myself $60

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uscbigdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 5.11 Tactical and most of all the Midway are copies of the Shooter's Connection bag. The Midway bag in no way can take the abuse of the Shooter's Connection bag and it's a very poor copy comparatively.

Rich
</div></div>

I'm all for you spending your money on a company you like, but I don't understand what abuse a range bag takes. It holds ammo and gear, and helps organize it. It's not a drag bag, and I put my bag <span style="font-style: italic">inside</span> the car when I go to the range, not drag it <span style="font-style: italic">behind</span> the car.
wink.gif

BTW - as said above, the best range bag I've found is a tool bag at lowes. Built like a tank, lots of perfect-sized pockets, and easy to get into. It's not a cool tactical color, but I don't stalk bad guys pulling a range bag. I get it out of the back of my vehicle. I've had the same one not for something like 10 years. Nothing torn, unravelled, or lost. Hold all my crap very well and makes it easy to find. Can't expect much more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any bag that holds all the stuff you want to take to the range?

who gives a rats ass who made it. </div></div>

Well said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rockn30809</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YourMotherTrebek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">any bag that holds all the stuff you want to take to the range?

who gives a rats ass who made it. </div></div>

Well said.</div></div>
what he said

Dillon Modular is pretty nice. I've only had it since Christmas but so far so good....