• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your first firearm?

HPCR59

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2011
Tennessee
If there's a similar thread, delete this one. What was your first firearm? Either bought or given to? My father built me a custom 38 caliber flintlock at around age 8.

Re: Your first firearm?

My first real gun was a Savage 101 .22 single shot and a cowboy holster to go with it.

My first long gun was a Savage 24-DL, .22mag over 20ga. I killed my first deer, duck, goose, grouse and pheasant with it.

My first centerfire rifle was a P-17 Enfield in .308 Norma Mag. I bought the action and paid a gunsmith to mill of the rear sight, screw on the barrel and D&T it for a scope mount. I made the stock in high school wood shop class. I killed my first elk, bear and Buick with it.

My first firearm was an Iver Johnson Sidewinder .22 revolver given to me by a friend.

Mine was a Winchester 37A single shot 20 gauge. Got it for Christmas when i was 12 or so.

Remington Nylon 22 when I was around 11-12. Still have it break it out every once in a while.

My first was a Marlin model 60 22lr for christmas when I was 10 or 11. Still have it and the $15 Tasco 4x scope that I put on it a little later. Many squirrels, rabbits, and empty "pop" cans have fallen to it over the years.

Savage-Fox double barrel 20guage, given to me on Christmas 1975. I was 10 yrs. old and it was the first gun Dad ever bought me.

A little revelation single shot 22. Still got it and keep it hid out in the back of the safe. Couldn't never get a bb gun, mom n dad said they were to dangerous.

I got my BB gun when i was 4, then at age 7 i was handed down an old Winchester #68, single shot .22 with half bent iron sights.
The great thing was that the #68 sights are so similar to the Red Rider BB gun sights that It was only an afternoon before I was popping pecans out of the tree.
Man, those were the good times. Now we just stick the .22 conversion in the Rock River & pop pecans. After 30 years of pecans it never gets old.

Ruger Mk II Govt model, my second was a Wildey in 45 Win Mag
grin.gif

I had many BB/pellet guns growing up, but my first real firearm was a 870 Remington Express, 12 ga.
Grandfather bought it for me on my 16th birthday.

Marlin 25MN, bought it the day I turned 18. I wasn't allowed to have guns as a kid. Still have it.

Remington model 24 that my great grandfather bought in early 1920's

Marlin model 37 take-down 22lr. The slides for the pump where replaced several times. Back when bricks of 22 where under 5-7$

Marlin 25N, I got it on my 10th Birthday (mostly) with money from cutting grass, shoveling snow, and other odd jobs around the neighborhood. It took me the better part of a year to save the $94 for the rifle. My dad took me to buy it, he picked up a couple bricks of ammo, spare mag, and the taxes/transfer fees on everything.

I still have it and regularly shoot it. It's on the second Trigger pack at this point, I wore out the first one after about 30,000rd.

First gun I saved up the $$ for and went to the shop with my dad to purchase was a Ruger Single Six .22.

That was quite a number of aluminum cans I picked up from the side of the road for that gun.

Ruger m77 mk2 in .270, shot it when I was 9 and was the first gun that got me into shooting (a hobby that I now spend too much money on
wink.gif
)

h&r 410 from coon dog trials in kenton when i was 9. a ruger 10/22 for christmas when i was 12. both presents from my dad and i still have them. i started shooting my dads guns when i was 6 and i still cant get over how cool it is to hit something accurately... way over there.

Grandpa bought me a browning 12 gauge shotgun when i was probably 12-13

Ruger P85 in 9mm purchased at Keflavik Naval Air Station Rod and Gun Club in 1990. Sold it 1.5 years ago.

Nothing was ever handed down to me. But my first firearm was an HK USP 40, with stainless slide.