• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Your longest kill...

Re: Your longest kill...

406 yards with a tc contender in 223. Don't recommend shooting that distance with that caliber though.

Longest on a deer is 503 yards.
308 168gr amax over 44 gr varget.

This has been a good combo for me this year.
I have taken a few in the 250 to 350 mark as well
Bullet performs flawlessly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: c_bass16</div><div class="ubbcode-body">420 with the .243 WSSM on a pair of white tail.

Looking to stretch that significantly this fall with the Armalite 300 SAUM </div></div>

Finally made my longest kill...(by more than double) when I took my Pronghorn at 930yds with the Armalite 300 SAUM and 190 Bergers.

I should be able to get the video finally put together now that I got my new computer up and running.

Took took another management west river South Dakota white tail with it as well. This time 485 in the dwindling sunlight. Ran out of light for good film footage so we didn't get it on video, but the 56mm NXS sucked in plenty of light to take a clean shot.

374383_577977502766_1248477931_n.jpg

Deer: 716 yards on a 8-point buck across a cornfield with a 7mm WBY here in MO.
Elk: 660 yards on a small 6x6 bull with a 338 LM in CO.

I hope to break the 1k mark someday . . .

No ridiculous yardage, but my longest so far. 253 yards, between the eyes.

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

And a video of the shot.

I killed a bull elk this year at 950 with a ,308 shooting Berger vld's and varget powder.

Longest kills have been right at 700yards, thats as far as I can get on my land. This season I got 4 whitetails, button bucks at 600 and 625, then a nice 8 point at 200 all in the space of 15 minutes. Later in the season pegged a large doe on the run at 300! Fun season:D

Custom DPMS REPR in .260 rem with 140gr Berger HVLD handloads.
REPR.jpg

IMG_20111108_155141.jpg

head shot on my buck, entrance hole is right infront of the ear on the other side
headshot.jpg

Nothing particularly impressive on deer, best two are 362yd in 2011 and 425yd in 2012. Both shot with 140 Amax from my 6.5 Creedmoor. Both were single round kills.

Longest absolute kill shot was a red fox at 590-592yd this July just at dusk. He was sitting looking at me, another 140 Amax JFK style.

We hunt in the hill country so most of my kills have been <100y. However, here are our more memorable shots...

Feral Goat- 285 yards. 21" FAL .308 w/ 150SP
Porcupine- with D760 NV at 160 yards. 16" AR15 68 hornady match.
Whitetail Buck- 230 yards. Son with 20" .308 hornady 130SP
Feral Piglet- 100 yards. .22LR w. YHM suppressor

No super long shots. Hill Country doesn't provide many.

LD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Relentless</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tom turkey @ 3/10 mile with 25/06. Witnessed & measured by the Shackleford County game warden. </div></div>

Is that what it says on the citation too?
smile.gif

Turkey hunting here with a rifle is verbotten as I recall, perhaps not where you live/hunt though.

No that was in Texas. Game warden was doing the calling. Spring season. We drove to it in his truck,,,,that is how we know 3/10.
relentless

I have to say the best shot of my life would have been taken this last years elk hunt. From a kneeling stance, 540 yards at a cow on a full blown run over the top of a ridge, I busted a significant hole threw the bottom half of her heart with one cold bore shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Relentless</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tom turkey @ 3/10 mile with 25/06. Witnessed & measured by the Shackleford County game warden. </div></div>

smile.gif

Turkey hunting here with a rifle is verbotten as I recall, perhaps not where you live/hunt though. </div></div>

1.) Good word; but you spelled 'verboten' wrong.
wink.gif

2.) Is not turkey hunting with a rifle still legal in the fall season in PA? I haven't gone after them for a few years now, but it always used to be legal...I think. ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly_punk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Relentless</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tom turkey @ 3/10 mile with 25/06. Witnessed & measured by the Shackleford County game warden. </div></div>

smile.gif

Turkey hunting here with a rifle is verbotten as I recall, perhaps not where you live/hunt though. </div></div>

1.) Good word; but you spelled 'verboten' wrong.
wink.gif

2.) Is not turkey hunting with a rifle still legal in the fall season in PA? I haven't gone after them for a few years now, but it always used to be legal...I think. ?
</div></div>

Good catch on the spelling
smile.gif

Not in my area, I think it's gone to a "by WMU" status now. I'll be going after them with my bow in the spring and next fall now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Not in my area, I think it's gone to a "by WMU" status now. I'll be going after them with my bow in the spring and next fall now. </div></div>

The laws honestly get goofier ever year. Thanks for the "headsup"; I'll be sure to read up on it before I go again. Good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly_punk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Not in my area, I think it's gone to a "by WMU" status now. I'll be going after them with my bow in the spring and next fall now. </div></div>

The laws honestly get goofier ever year. Thanks for the "headsup"; I'll be sure to read up on it before I go again. Good luck!

</div></div>

PM sent... I'm not gonna bitch in an open forum.

Got a couple doe whitetail at just shy of 320yds--same nice open spot two years in a row back in the early 90's. My all time longest so far came this year, bull moose at 437yds. Three shots, all solid vital hits anchoring and quickly dispatching. 338 win mag, Remington custom shop Alaskan model with Leupold 4.5-14 B&C.

A cool bonus, my hunting partner and I (his bear, but both shot) took nice brown bear off the kill site several days later.

Wow, some impressive shooters here.

Mine dont seem so far now...haha. But I dont have a fancy long range setup like yall either. Remington model 700 in .270 shooting 130 gr Hornaday SP with basic Leupold 3-9x40. Furthest kill is 405 yds, but had to finish it off with a second shot. Also have a few one shot kills in the 330 yd range.

Again, nice shooting fellas!