• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Your Opinion Please

Rem5R

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2005
Mississippi
I have basically a new in the box Glock 34 that I have not shot yet. One of my co-workers is wanting to swap me a new in the box never fired Springfield XDM 40. Not sure what to do here. I like glocks, but I have never fired an XDM. I love the way the XDM feels in my hand, but that is the only experience I have with one.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
Rem5R

Re: Your Opinion Please

If you can go to the range with and see which one you like the most . I have shot the XDM 3.8 in 9mm and have to agree about the grip

I like the XDs, Glocks, and my favorite the M&Ps The XDM is better from the factory then most glocks so I don't see a loss in this trade. The basic XD I wouldn't do but the XDM is worth it.

If you wanted a XD then why would you buy a Glock, you bought exactly what you wanted, your co-worker didn't

You're right, I bought what I wanted. My co-worker is the one interested in my Glock 34. I'm sure that I'm just like several on this website, I have guns that I will trade and I have guns that I will not trade. This just happens to be one that I will trade. I guess I should have asked what peoples opinions are on the XDM 40 instead of what they thought about the trade.

Rem5R

go for it, this is my uneducated opinion but i know i hate glock(not to poke the hornets nest or anything) and i love my xdm .40. i say uneducated due to i havent researched anything about the 34, i dont know shit about it actually, but the xdm is sweet

Could anyone base something about the glock that makes it better than the XDM rather that a simple "keep the glock" we already know there are a bunch of glock guys and girls out there.
Problem is there is a bunch of people who buy glock for no other reason than to drink the kool aid and know nothing of why they think they are a great gun. Don't get me wrong I own glocks and like them but they are not the best thing on earth. Factory Glock is not the greatest, factory XDM will shoot better, has a better barrel, better grip, better sights, better steel than Glock but both guns have a place and both guns will work great. The XDM is a better competition gun than the Glock from the factory so I would do the trade. At least the XDM does not have a plastic guide rod
smile.gif

why trade down,... glock has been proven almost 30 years... this is going to end up like chevy vs ford .. glock and chevy baby...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why trade down,... glock has been proven almost 30 years... this is going to end up like chevy vs ford .. glock and chevy baby... </div></div>
And the gen 4s have had issues like no other series of glocks before.

The XDM has a much similar grip angle to the 1911. It also has the backstraps that you can change to fit your individual hand better. I believe the biggest diffence in shooting them will be the trigger. The XDM has a longer trigger pull and a longer trigger reset. The factory Glock appears to have a much faster trigger reset. I personally like the feel of the XDM much better because I shoot a lot of 1911's. It will be up to you to decide, but as stated earlier, try them side by side. If possible take them both to the range and shoot them to compare. Best of luck to you.

I own both Glocks and XDs. I would trade one of my Glocks for an XDm with no hesitation. Here are some of the reasons.

* I'm a reloader and I much prefer loading for a pistol with a fully supported chamber. Brass comes out without an annoying bulge, and I don't have to worry about tired brass letting go because of the lack of full circumferential support.

* The grip angle of the XD/ XDm is the same as a 1911, which is the best pointing firearm for the greatest percentage of people.

* I like the grip safety.

* I have consistently gotten better groups with my XDs than with my Glocks (with one exception...my model 32 is freakishly accurate).

* The slightly smaller grip circumference of the XDm means I can get a more secure hold on that gun than on a Glock. Follow up shots are a mite quicker with the Springfield because I can control the muzzle flip better.

Both makes have been 100% reliable for me, and although there are currently more aftermarket goodies for the Glock than the Springfield I still feel the XD and the XDm have more to offer. A customer who had purchased over a dozen XDs in the first three years they were out said, "The XD is what the Glock wants to be when it grows up." I may not completely agree with this sentiment, but it hits pretty close to the mark.

XD has a higher bore axis, which is the most important consideration of all the things you've mentioned.

I would take the M&P over both, but definitely Glock over any XD or XD(m).

And 9mm over .40 also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would take the M&P over both </div></div> Smart man.