• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your pick of these three

strait shooter

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
Ok, after a couple of months of looking around and asking questions, I have narrowed my search for a chassis down to these three. Please give me your pick or opinion of these and any info you can add. It will go on a Remington 700 sps varmint .243

AICS
XLR
Mcree

Thanks for all of your help and input.

Re: Your pick of these three

Feel them all and go with the one that is most comfortable FOR YOU. My opinion (and others) don't mean shit because we're not the one firing the rifle, you are. They're all well built and will serve you for a long time. So it comes down to which one you like the best.

I like the XLR but I have to agree with Mike it is personal preference. Can you put your hands on the stocks to get a feel for them?

you won't go wrong with either... they are all solid chassis and very adjustable..

stick with rule number one..whatever looks the coolest.

don't worry so much about what other people say unless you don't have a preference in that case listen to experienced people.

But If you really want one of them in particular and kind of have your heart set on it, go with that one, otherwise you will most likely wonder what if and never be happy with your purchase.

i'm a big fan of buying what you really want the first time even if it isn't always the recommended options.

I have a McRee TMAG on my 338LM build and have been happy with it. That said I just picked up an AICS today to drop a 308 in to and see how I like that. I figured that worse comes to worse I can sell the AICS and get another TMAG but until I actually got my own AICS and spent enough time behind it I would never really know.

They are all very nice!!! It doesnt matter what I like because I am not you.....

Until you get behind these stocks, you'll never know how it fits you.

My opinion.... I prefer the McRee T-Mag Folder. I installed it on a Rem 700 SPS and it has served me well. It also helps that Scott McRee is a phone call away and has excellent CS. My experience was AICS didn't feel right for me when I shot one on a buddy's rifle.

Get behind them, then choose.

you should look a a whiskey 3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Until you get behind these stocks, you'll never know how it fits you.

My opinion.... I prefer the McRee T-Mag Folder. I installed it on a Rem 700 SPS and it has served me well. It also helps that Scott McRee is a phone call away and has excellent CS. My experience was AICS didn't feel right for me when I shot one on a buddy's rifle.

Get behind them, then choose. </div></div>

+1 on the Mcree. I got behind one saturday. One of the reps down here let me throw my action in his chassis, shoot it out to 500, and then take it home to make sure I liked it. I fell in love quick. It don't have to be pretty although I think it looks good. Even better, it fits me like a glove. Ordered it yesterday. It will be in my hands tomorrow. 5 mins on the phone and done. You can hear the machinary in the background, awesome! No better customer service than that!

I like the way the AICS feels and shoots too but in the end, it's what feels best, and shoots best for you. Take your time, try them out. It's a lot of coin to drop either way.

Food for though, I know I would have to get new rings if I got an XLR, my obj. wouldn't clear the forend tube. Not a BIG deal, but that's more money.

10mtr9u.jpg

Got the Mcrees in yesterday. I can't believe it was here in two days. Easy install, 10 minutes and done. Can't wait to shoot this thing!

I've held and shot the AICS and it's a really nice stock. I dislike their weight and cost.

I've never held the XLR, but it looks practical, lightweight, and decently priced. Like how it looks, too.

McRee, would be a great stock, but I don't like the aesthetics. Just personal preference.

I prefer the AICS, I have used Manners, and tested the XLR and McRee. I like that the AICS skins are really tough and can be changed if torn up too badly (which I doubt I could do). Overall the AICS has a lot features that I really like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pflyinguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">+1 on the Mcree. I got behind one saturday. One of the reps down here let me throw my action in his chassis, shoot it out to 500, and then take it home to make sure I liked it. I fell in love quick. It don't have to be pretty although I think it looks good. Even better, it fits me like a glove. Ordered it yesterday. It will be in my hands tomorrow. 5 mins on the phone and done. You can hear the machinary in the background, awesome! No better customer service than that!</div></div>

I'm just impressed as all get-out that you were able to get off the phone with Scotty McRee in 5 minutes--I think I was on the phone with him for a half-hour ordering my chassis since folks were right--he is quite the conversationalist...

I've only tried the McRee and AICS. I didn't care for the AICS, and ended up going with the McRee. I have no reason to regret that choice so far.

They are all good systems you can't go wrong with any of them. Take the plung man and buy one.
Good shooting