• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Youth Day Virginia -- Daughter's First Buck

Va_Gentleman

Cook
Minuteman
Best Day of my life fellas.

My Daughter Lauren, laid prone in wet long grass and placed a .308 Managed Recoil out 186 yards and took this 4-pointer.

She just turned 8 this month.

LaurenDeer.jpg

Re: Youth Day Virginia -- Daughter's First Buck

good work dad!!!

That is awesome. Congratulations to her and you as well. I cant wait for mine to start. That is truly a great experience for you both. Keep at it.

Thats getting it done. I cant wait till my little girl is old enough to take her first deer. Congrats.

That is great. My 16 yr old daughter killed a doe yesterday on the stalk. Every time she kills a deer I review the memories of all the deer she has killed since she was a little girl. Good stuff and great memory building in that pic. The last 10 years my hunting has been all about guiding and teaching my kids and worth every minute. Congrats to you and her!

Good job dad! Enjoy those days they grow up fast

Congratulations to both of you! Memories which will be cherished for a lifetime. Keep up the good work, anytime spent with your kids whether afield or at home is priceless!

That's awesome you can get her out hunting. I hope mine will continue to like to shoot and one day hunt if she would like.

Thanks fellas. I have been taking her since she was 5 and this year we worked on her shooting enough to where I felt that in a prone position or rested blind she could do what was needed.

We have been watching the Outdoor Channel and discussing shot placement and good positioning of the rifle. And we dry-fired a bunch this year.

When the moment came, she did not hesitate and as my Dad looked on, he commented on how steady the muzzle was when she sent the round downrange.

I'll tell you this, I am impressed with that Remington Managed Recoil round. This was at an extended range for that bullet, but it did a nice job on that buck. That is definitely a round for our beginning hunters to use.

Thanks for the congrats... she is one happy little one and I am one proud Dad.