• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Yugo M48 Trigger Improvements

GS455

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2013
Nashville
I have a Yugo M48 that I cloned into a Yugo civil war era “sniper” wi ONM76B scope . The thing is a "tack driver". Even wi 50’s era Yugo 8mm I can usually hit a 12” plate at 400 yds. Very pleased with results. I could never achieve shots like this with old eyes through irons.

The trigger, however, is brutal. It’s about 4lbs initial pull to the second stage and then about 6lbs for hammer release. Interested in any improvements that could be made via anyone that works on these. I don't mind sending it out. I’m fairly certain I do not wanna mess with doing any filing/grinding/polishing myself. Internet says "danger". I suppose I could change some spring(s) if it were really straight forward i.e. via Google video assist.

Or was thinking of getting an off-the-shelf unit from somewhere . Timney? I don't want scary/dangerous light but SOMEthing better than 6lb pull of the current 2nd stage.

Timney is probably going to be the easiest path. Mauser 98 model trigger should be plug and play.

I put a Timney on my Yogo, type without a safety. Huge improvement over original but it doesn't play well with the bolt safety. If you put it on safe, pull the trigger, take off safe, trigger will hangup after a click, then firing pin can be pushed off sear by hand. Kinda dangerous. If you get the Timney with safety prepare to hog out a bunch of the stock to make room. Also I have a decent load worked up with light weight SGKs if you want it PM me.

Reactions: camocorvette
Old thread, I know, but the Timney did not work out. Can't recall why. Fitment? Maybe it was only single stage and I was looking for two-stage(?) I can't recall. I ended up using a Huber (two ball bearing) two-stage and I couldn't be more pleased. He mentions possible inletting but mine dropped right in. Kinda finicky about how to set the two bearing depths but we sorted it out.

https://huberconcepts.com/product-category/military-surplus-triggers/