• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO 527 Mount Height

Chris1972

Private
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2013
Just purchased a 527 and it will be going on a Zermatt TL3. Unfortunately I don’t have the action in hand to take measurements. It has the Zermatt 20 moa pinned rail. Bartlein #4 in a manners stock.

What ring height do I need? I prefer as low as possible.

I will be using a Spuhr or ZCO mount.

Just purchased a 527 and it will be going on a Zermatt TL3. Unfortunately I don’t have the action in hand to take measurements. It has the Zermatt 20 moa pinned rail. Bartlein #4 in a manners stock.

What ring height do I need? I prefer as low as possible.

I will be using a Spuhr or ZCO mount.
1.18 will clear i believe, that's about as low as you can go though. There's an online tool somewhere that you can enter your info in and it will tell you

1.18 will clear i believe, that's about as low as you can go though. There's an online tool somewhere that you can enter your info in and it will tell you

1.18” ZCO carrying a 5-27x cleared on my TL3 with a Proof contour. Actually this reminds me I need to sell my 36mm stuff, I’ve got that 1.18” ZCO mount and no ZCO.

Was that with a 20 moa base?

If you’d like send me the info on your mount. I may be a buyer right here.

Reactions: TheOE800
Yep.

Just checked pix it was actually the ZC420 I had mounted, but I have no doubt a Bartlein #4 would clear.

The 50mm is 57 outside and the 56 is 63 outside. Half of that is 3mm so that’s not much bigger. The proof profile I think is larger than the #4 like you was saying.

Should be good.

Reactions: TheOE800
1.18" should be fine. This is a 1.34" mount with 56mm objective on a TL3 with a Proof Comp Contour barrel which is much heavier than the #4. Doesn't matter that its 34mm tube as the measurement is from base to center of tube so bell will be in the same place. I have 1.125" and 56mm on the TL3s and this set up also.

IMG_3096.jpg

Thanks for all the Information. I was able to pick up a ZCO slimline Mount late last night.

I run 1.5" to 1.6" on everything anymore, whether 44mm of 56mm obj, #3 or competition contour. My zco 420 sits in a zco block mount, and 527 in an mbrace.