• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO 527 scope long-term updates?

Senor_Barney

Play stupid games, Win stupid prizes
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Northern California
    Anyone have long-term real world updates of the ZCO scopes? Specifically how well the turrets hold up (click feel and volume), tracking, adjustment ring smoothness, and especially the locking ring (does it index correctly)? I'm looking at buying one of the many listed on the PX without ever having gotten behind one and looking for user (rather than reviewer or retailer) feedback of longevity vs. Expectations at this price range.

Perhaps its purely coincidence? Maybe its "that time of year" for competitive shooters offloading last years gear? Or are these scopes not holding up to expectations after a while. However, since the start of September, I've seen a surprising number of ZCO scopes come up for sale in the PX and for something that retails at / above $4k I'm curious to know why ZCO are frequently coming up for sale relative to other alpha scopes in this range (Kahles, SB, Minox, Steiners, TT).

Atleast eight listings in the past 7 days and oddly a few of them of been de-listed (scam/spam?)

Screenshot_20210917-202131_K-9 Mail.jpg

I'm also in the market for a SB PMII and it seems that ever since they went exclusive to EuroOptic in the US that the overall number of second-hand SB scopes posted has come down because the number of new scopes in circulation has come down. The EO monopoly on supply limits price competition (affordability) that comes from a free-er market.

Last edited:
    Mine have all been great and held up quite well. No issues at all; none you asked about and none that you haven’t.

As to the used market, reticle updates may explain it. I sold all my MPCT2s to switch to 3s.

Last edited:
    People that can afford alpha glass like to try the latest and greatest IMO.
    New reticle is out. That means “upgrade” to a lot of people. One thing about them is they hold resale value incredibly.

I own 4 of them. I believe they are the best “total package” optic out there right now. No issues at all out of any of them. As was previously stated, the newly released MPCT3x reticle probably has a lot of ZCO users changing gear. I can say for sure that was the case in two that I recently picked up. I have found a few sweet deals on the other reticles because of it!

I’m selling mine purely because I’m sticking with the same brand scope and reticle on my rifles.

The ZCO is truly one hell of a scope though.

People that can afford alpha glass like to try the latest and greatest IMO.
    New reticle is out. That means “upgrade” to a lot of people. One thing about them is they hold resale value incredibly.

Exactly! I have a line of customers who are selling their "old" ZCO in favor of the new MPCT3X reticle and since ZCO's hold their value so well it makes more sense to sell it and just bu a new one. There's no conspiracy :)

@Senor_barney

And in regards to their reliability and durability, how often on the hide do you see a post on here about a ZCO having tracking issues? I have not seen one. @gebhardt02

The co owner of ZCO worked for Nightforce and later Kahles. So it’s not like it’s a “new” optic. Think of it more as a “hybrid” of several features and glass that make it stand out

I’m a big NF ATACR fan. But I’m also not a glass snob. I can lay behind a NF or S&B and accomplish the same task as I can behind a Burris XTRII