• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO/Spuhr scope mount option for 2000 yards

DellaDog

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
DFW, TX
I'm trying to decide which Spuhr mount to order with the ZCO scope for a 300 PRC. I've outlined below what I think are the correct numbers (if I stick to 2000 yards and under) and it looks like I should go with the 20 MOA mount for additional headroom. Can someone confirm the 20 MOA mount option is the correct choice?

Thanks

zco_spuhr_sm.PNG

Last edited:
A few months back I took my DT SRS to 2,000 yds. Was shooting a 16” 6.5CM and the optic was a ZCO 4-20 MPCT-2 in a Really Right Stuff 20MOA Mount. With the short barrel, my MV was 2,570 fps and at 2,000 yds I had to use the reticle to hold an additional 16.4 mils. Just to give you perspective.
I have an extra Era-Tac 20MOA Mount if you had interest in going the 20MOA Route.
Good luck!

Doesn’t get much better than a ZCO cofounder taking a call to answer questions, thanks for your time Jeff. Seems the consensus is 40 MOA is ideal. My problem is the Defiance action has 30 MOA built in and Sphur options are only zero and 20.

After some discussion, I think a zero MOA mount for 30 MOA total is the best option as it keeps the scope closer to center for most reasonable distances. I can still dial towards 28 MIL for 2k, and hold over a tad if needed.

Lesson learned, go with a 20MOA rail & 20 MOA mount, or 40 MOA rail and zero MOA mount if you have the option.
30 or 50 are not ideal options.

Della, another option would be the ERA-TAC adjustable inclination mount

I realize you're probably looking at Spuhr because of the "deal" for May, but this might be a good solution for those needing only 10 MOA or anything in between.

Reactions: DellaDog
A few months back I took my DT SRS to 2,000 yds. Was shooting a 16” 6.5CM and the optic was a ZCO 4-20 MPCT-2 in a Really Right Stuff 20MOA Mount. With the short barrel, my MV was 2,570 fps and at 2,000 yds I had to use the reticle to hold an additional 16.4 mils. Just to give you perspective.
I have an extra Era-Tac 20MOA Mount if you had interest in going the 20MOA Route.
Good luck!

^This sounds like a fuck load of fun. 16" 6.5cm @ 2k? How much wind did you have to hold?

I was using a 30 moa for my 7 saum but I have to hold a a bit as well At 2000 yards.
Just switched to a 45 moa rail so I can dial 2000 and beyond.

^This sounds like a fuck load of fun. 16" 6.5cm @ 2k? How much wind did you have to hold?

It was! The wind was switching back and forth from 5-13 mph. I don’t remember my wind hold, but wasn’t as much as I would have thought. I believe it was near 1.8 mils.

Reactions: Zorrosdens