• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ZCO vs S&B

No. I think he's a former marine because he corrected me on spelling Marine Corps. I spelled it as Corpse. But that's all I know.
If I had a nickle for every time I heard "he's a Marine" used in a "he must know how to shoot" manner, I could afford a ZCO.

And whad'ya know.

I watched too many maggie's drawers earn too many pizza boxes to equate marksmanship with "Marine" as a universal.

"Tank go boom" on the other hand, yea, universal...

And you capitalize "Marine" too, just like you stand for the anthem and respect your elders.

Semper Fi

I might have missed this being said.

Honestly, it's not about what scope has "better glass" or a turret that has nicer sounding clicks; and yes all scopes can have a failure.

The ZCO delivers a behind-the-scope experience that is different than older optical designs. Just as the newer Swaro NL-Pure or Mavin B.2; forgetting the raw resolution on what glass is "better", both provide the image to the eye in an easy and forgiving eye-box that appears to be almost frameless like a new-gen big screen frameless TV in your house. This sets these binos apart even from others even within their own product line.

While the ZCO may or may not be one of the top on a resolution chart, it is the viewing experience, seemly wider FOV than it really is, incredibly natural and forgiving to sit behind; it really set this scope apart. Added to the other feature set, this scope is very hard to beat.
^^^^ This right here. I love S&B and especially love their new DT II+ turrets but hard to beat the visual experience of the ZCO!

Reactions: Diver160651
These are from the Suisse gun magazine test reviews.
Z1.JPG
Z2.JPG
Z3.JPG

I can translate most of it, but it's like personal notes. I'm not sure what they had in mind with some of the categories. If I saw this in an American magazine I would expect some explanation of "workspace", "dimension", or "further function" in the body of the article to give meaning to the numbers.
Hah same, I could decipher some parts but it left me empty without further context, it seems reading the results requires having read the whole test article.

Well this is highly suspect. My ZP5's held their own optically with the Tangent Theta and according to the optical performance chart that means TT would be under the Vortex Razor??? Also had the PST II 5-25 which was a great scope for the price but the Minox was worlds better optically and according to this chart only 1 point better???
Looks like I need to sell my ZP5 and get a Vortex Viper lol.

I have a WTB posting on the PX for a PMII 5-25x with H2CMR reticle...so clearly I like enough of what SB has to offer.

That being said the one thing that really annoys me about SB are the plastic checkers they use for turret caps. At least it feels like plastic to me. For MSRP $3500, I just expect aluminum everywhere.

Compare this to my Kahles K624i or Steiner M5xi and the PMII just falls short in this area IMO. One bang on a rail, one slip from a rack, or one scrape unloading andrather than brushing black paint off metal you are worrying about the plastic turret cracking or chipping like a cheap cell phone case cover. 🤔

Ok, maybe not that much. But i think this goes back to what many have said before here. At this level the glass is really good (I still prefer SB glass > Kahles > Steiner at 20-25x) so you need to look for other things about the scope to justify buying or passing.

SquarePic_20210821_08140440.jpg

I have a WTB posting on the PX for a PMII 5-25x with H2CMR reticle...so clearly I like enough of what SB has to offer.

That being said the one thing that really annoys me about SB are the plastic checkers they use for turret caps. At least it feels like plastic to me. For MSRP $3500, I just expect aluminum everywhere.

Compare this to my Kahles K624i or Steiner M5xi and the PMII just falls short in this area IMO. One bang on a rail, one slip from a rack, or one scrape unloading andrather than brushing black paint off metal you are worrying about the plastic turret cracking or chipping like a cheap cell phone case cover. 🤔

Ok, maybe not that much. But i think this goes back to what many have said before here. At this level the glass is really good (I still prefer SB glass > Kahles > Steiner at 20-25x) so you need to look for other things about the scope to justify buying or passing.

View attachment 7690289

Uh yea maybe with those old 1987 turrets in your pic pretty sure that style is still 100% aluminum tho...

Not the case with the new dtii+ turrets for sure def metal

All the scopes i have seen thru, ZCO was the one that i felt, that we are now something big here.
I have had Kahles, Steiner, Vortex Razor, and take a shot with a rifle that has a S&B. NF, but ZCO was the wow efect.
Not saying that those other brands would be bad, and these are also a matter of taste, not all people like same things.
Every one can and must have taste of them own, i just like ZCO to be the best.
What might be the price for ZCO in US in future?
In Finland list price for 527 is 3990,00€, and it is about 4686$.

View attachment 7690289

They're aluminum my friend. I have a PMII with the P4FL reticle. Would love to replace it with the GR2ID reticle though.

Reactions: The Durk
The internet is a "playground" of sorts. Some feel the need to find the biggest person on the playground, and regardless if that person has antagonized them, they seek to try and pick a fight.

Or...he could just be a douche. It's a coin flip, really.
And yet there’s a third possibility maybe he just doesn’t know who he called out. You know what they say never argue with idiots they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
PM with plastic turrets?
Did you happen to get it cheap or with a discount by a chance?