• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ZCO Warranty Experience

FNG1001

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
Does anyone have any experience with ZCO warranty and customer service? I'm considering taking the plunge into ZCO but saw they have a limited 2-year warranty on electronics and ambiguous language on everything else. Basically I'm interested in comparing ZCO's warranty with Vortex/Leupold no-questions-asked warranty. If I drop the scope, crack a lense, etc, will ZCO cover me?

If this has already been asked, please let me know but I couldn't find anything.

Ah, I had a very minor issue with a turret screw and they promptly sent me a handful....yeah, prob not a "warranty" experience that you are looking for

However, I don't find their warranty verbiage ambiguous.

Its lifetime and transferable for the scope less the "electronics" which is the reticle illumination only. There is not another bit of electronics in their product like to my knowledge.

There have been a very few instances of posts on the Hide where someone had an issue with their ZCO scope and it sure seemed that ZCO was uber responsive (well, except for an asshat that over torqued rings, cracked a lens, and would rather whine about it on the Hide than actually send it in for their offer to repair....dunno where that ended up)

"In the highly unlikely event that a problem occurs with your ZCO riflescope, we offer a transferable lifetime warranty that covers mechanical and optical defects due to materials or workmanship under normal use for the life of the riflescope.
At our discretion, we will either repair or replace (with a product of the same or similar model) a defective product after prior thorough inspection.​
Exceptions to this warranty include intentional misuse or abuse, unauthorized alterations or repairs, modification or destruction of the serial number, improper assembly, negligence in handling the product, and damage by fire, flood, or other natural disaster.​
The electronic components built into this product are covered by a limited warranty of 2 years from the date of purchase. This includes defects due to materials or workmanship under normal use."​

Have owned 2 ZCO527’s and 1 ZCO420 one of my 527’s had to be sent in for a turret issue. I spoke to CS on the phone and they were very helpful and willing to discuss issues thoroughly. Sent scope in and got it back in a week fixed and cleaned up they even sent me a ZCO hat.

Had an issue with parallax sliders. Called spoke with CS and it went in and was back in less than a week. Absolutely stellar CS.

After over 2 years of hard use my 5x27 had a issue at a match. They emailed me back within minutes to set up sending it in wich unfortunately i had to pay for. They fixed the issue and installed nle turrets at a discount and had my scope on the way back to me within a few days. The service was good and fast my only bitch is they should cover shipping and insurance like the rest of the manufacturers do. Over all im a happy customer.
Ps the new 10mil is awesome. I wish i could afford to put their scopes on all my rifles

Does anyone have any experience with ZCO warranty and customer service? I'm considering taking the plunge into ZCO but saw they have a limited 2-year warranty on electronics and ambiguous language on everything else. Basically I'm interested in comparing ZCO's warranty with Vortex/Leupold no-questions-asked warranty. If I drop the scope, crack a lense, etc, will ZCO cover me?

If this has already been asked, please let me know but I couldn't find anything.

I would't count on getting a free optic if you drop the scope and destroy it. They might be willing, they might not. I'd consider myself lucky if they were to do that.

But they are in no way as large as Vortex or selling at the huge markup that Vortex is.

Vortex and Leupold are selling vastly cheaper optics with a markup and volume sales they can afford to give away scopes when there's negligence (yes, dropping your scope would be considered negligence or user error).

You're not going to get that kind of warranty from a truly niche high end company. It's just not affordable.

If warranty is your top concern then get a G3 razor. If you want the best scope you can get, that would be ZCO. I've dealt with them a few times and always been extremely happy. They aren't going to give you a new scope if you destroy it being stupid like vortex, but they also don't need to do that because they have a superior product. Just depends on what you want and I don't think warranty being a top concern is a terrible thing either. Again, just depends on what your after.

I have 4 527s one of them came with a faulty illumination board. Talked to them and received a prepaid label that day, shipped on Thursday received it back on Tuesday. They replaced the board and did a full check on the scope to make sure it was perfect. I consider them to have the best CS I have dealt with.

My 1st 5-27 had a gritty parallax knob, back in 2020 iirc. Vendor put me in touch with ZCO who immediately provided a prepaid label and they sent me a new one upon receipt. Quick and direct email exchange. I've had 3 total over 5 years now, and 2 I'm keeping for the long haul. The 4-20x50 may be my favorite scope of all time.

Had a weird line in the reticle of my 527 when the illumination was on. Talked to Jeff directly and had a second day return shipper in 24 hours and had the scope with a new reticle back within a week. Everyone at ZCO will go out of their way to help!

Expecting a company to “warranty” (correct term is insure) against damage done by the end user is totally unreasonable. Everyone is also paying for that built into the price. If you own nice stuff and don’t have an insurance policy that covers damage, theft, and loss then you’re doing it wrong.

Expecting a company to “warranty” (correct term is insure) against damage done by the end user is totally unreasonable. Everyone is also paying for that built into the price. If you own nice stuff and don’t have an insurance policy that covers damage, theft, and loss then you’re doing it wrong.
Not sure where you are coming from, but no one here talked about abuse.