• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss 1-4x vs Steiner P4xi vs Accupower

tanders11

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2020
Nevada
Was wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience with the two or even with one and are really satisfied or dissatisfied. Looking to add one to my AR build which will not be used for any long range, hence why looking at 4x only. Zeiss can be had for just under $500 shipped while the Steiner is about $650. Any input? Thanks.

edit: also throwing accupower 1-4x for 550ish shipped in the mix.

Last edited:
I've never seen the Zeiss, but very happy with my p4xi. Great glass, daylight bright center dot. Have it on a 10.5" ar.

Reactions: tanders11
Was wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience with the two or even with one and are really satisfied or dissatisfied. Looking to add one to my AR build which will not be used for any long range, hence why looking at 4x only. Zeiss can be had for just under $500 shipped while the Steiner is about $650. Any input? Thanks.

edit: also throwing accupower 1-4x for 550ish shipped in the mix.

I've owned both an Accupower 1-4X (mine with the red segmented BDC reticle) and a Steiner P4Xi also in 1-4X

I no longer have the Trijicon. The Steiner is superior in every possible way, most notably optical clarity, reticle usefulness, and illumination brightness. The Steiner is Aimpoint-daylight-bright. The Trijicon isn't even close.

I've never seen the Zeiss you mention. I only know that the version they sell with a BDC reticle is sold only with an exposed, locking elevation turret. For my purposes that's an immediate disqualifier.

I use LPVOs with BDC reticles only. That means I zero it so I get my trajectory as close as possible to the BDC stadia then I never touch the turrets again. That's why all my LPVOs have capped turrets.

Last edited:
I've had the Steiner next to the Accupower and it wasn't even close. Steiner was much better optically.

Never seen the Zeiss in person.

Reactions: tanders11
I appreciate the feedback guys. Steiner it is. Too bad the demo models are sold out today on europtic

I have both the Steiner and the Zeiss. My opinion you can't go wrong with either for the money. The glass on the Zeiss to my eyes is a little better where you are looking the most, what I mean is in the center where you are focusing for the most part it is a sharper, brighter image but there is a little more distortion on the edges on the Zeiss. The exposed turret on the Zeiss is a locking turret just to clarify on what someone else posted. The illumination on both work well but it is far superior on the Steiner, it's Aimpoint bright on the Steiner not so much with the Zeiss. Overall the Steiner would be my choice not that I'm getting rid of the Zeiss but if I had to choose just one and if you get the deal with the included throw lever on the Steiner it's even a better deal.

IMG_20200305_164931236.jpg
IMG_20190820_203815217.jpg

Reactions: 308pirate
I've had all three...Steiner wins.

It has a Razor like 1X...simple reticle...perfect illumination.

As someone suggested...at 1X the Zeiss and Accupower have distortion...with Zeiss being the worst of them...the reticle is nice in the Zeiss...glass is clean at 4X...Zeiss does have better turrets...but if you are dialing a LPVO...you are doing it wrong...

The eyebox on the Steiner is uber forigiving...I ended keeping the Steiner.

Just an observation but I noticed during SportOptics youtube review its warned not to over tighten the zero stop or it will break. A separate 1 star review on Amazon complained their zero stop was broken. If you go with a Zeiss, go easy on the screw.

Another aspect I like about the Steiner...is glass...I can't tell a different between it and the Razor...both set at 4X...

Reactions: 308pirate
I have a Stenier and a Razor and for the money the Steiner is GTG. I bought mine for Cameraland a couple months ago for $550 including the Steiner mount. I thought it was a fantastic price for the combo.

I have a 1-8 accupower and the glass is great. Haven’t had a Steiner or Zeiss to compare.

I was just looking up 1-4x’s. I was eyeballing the Steiner and now I think I’ll pick one up after reading this thread. Thanks guys

I have a Stenier and a Razor and for the money the Steiner is GTG. I bought mine for Cameraland a couple months ago for $550 including the Steiner mount. I thought it was a fantastic price for the combo.

Anyone know if those go on sale regularly, or if that was a one-off deal? Looks like they’re all $650+ now.

Prices have been steady climbing for the past few years. Maybe 2 years ago they were regularly $450 with a free set of rings and throw lever. Wanna say DSG had them at 500 with a Midwest Industries QD mount.

Euro Optic was running a sale on the Steiner p4xi that included the throw lever for $529 or $549 when I picked mine up, it was in the past year but don't remember exactly.