• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes ZEISS CONQUEST 4.5-14X50 Mil Dot Target Turrets

ruth

Private
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2010
Gentlemen,

I'm seriously considering the ZEISS Conquest 4.5-14X50 with Mil Dot reticle and target turrets for a 308 rifle. Does anyone have first hand experience with this scope and how does it compare to Leupold MK4, Bushnell....etc?

Re: ZEISS CONQUEST 4.5-14X50 Mil Dot Target Turrets

That model was my first scope for my .308. The glass was excellent, to me it seemed much clearer than my buddy's 6.5-20 leupold. The scope being a SFP I had to figure out what power to use the mil reticle, if I remember right it was a hair under 12.
The knobs were fairly positive, never had trouble with them. The only limiting factor is the 1" tube and lack of internal elevation. But it has plenty for 500 yds and in. It served me well till I stumbled into my first USO and decided to go Mil/Mil.

I've bought three of them.
Excellent glass! Much better than my Mark 4.
Turrets are good. Tactile clicks, not mushy at all. Nice and crisp. However, they turn clockwise. This takes some getting used to.

Have one in the Rapid Z 1000, best sub 1000 scope I have used. I paid 670 for it from Grafs and Sons. I think there is still some on their close outs. VERY good glass. There were times I ditched my mark 4 spotting scope and just used the ZEISS. Buy it, you won't regret the decision. Realize that it's a 1 inch tube...so there is some limits to your range of adjustments.

The 4.5-14x Zeiss Conquest has about 34moa of "up" ...it's no problem at all to add a 20moa base unless you chew up more than 14 minutes zeroing the thing.

Elevation is not an issue unless you plan to get out past 1,000.

Big benefits are:

1. Very clear and bright glass. Probably the best you can get for the money until you step up to the real big dog high dollar scopes.

2. 18moa per turn knobs with nice clicks. Zeiss is praised for having excellent and precise tracking.

3. Etched reticle. And a nice mildot reticle. Not too thin, not too thick. Just perfect.

4. Real good wide view and very forgiving on eye position.

5. Saves you a good $100 over buying 30mm tactical rings which may not be necessary for your purposes.

6. Kenton offers BDC knobs for the Conquest line.

Short of buying a higher end scope, the Conquest is the best bang for the buck and no sloutch at all. I wouldn't subject it to Lowlight's treatment (throwing it against walls, over hillsides, 30 feet into the air etcetera) ...but it will serve just fine for most people's uses
smile.gif

Although not on my .308 I love it on my .223 SPR!!

Ohh not a 4.5-14 either mines a 6.5-20.. but I like it all the same.

I have the exact same scope on an AR-10 and have been very pleased with it.

I have the same scope on my Remington 308. It has clearer glass than my Luepold Mark 4. Nice reticle. Turrets have a nice feel to them. Highly recommended.

A buddy of mine stated I should now get the z1000 reticle instead of the mil dot for tactical shooting with this scope, is mil dot the way to go?

I went with the mil-dot because that I what I am used to using. Have not tried one with the z1000 reticle.