• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Diavari 4-16 x 50 questions

spitz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2012
Idaho
Looks like a sweet scope. However 1/3 MOA adjustments? I'd be interested to know if they're calling it a 1/3 Moa adjustment just because that's what it measures out to be closest to? Which really means it's not an exact anything, mil or Moa, and could be significantly off measure out at 10 Moa. Anybody have much actual experience with these? I love the asv turret concept.

Re: Zeiss Diavari 4-16 x 50 questions

The turret markings on the one I looked at yesterday indicated 1cm/100m.

I have owned a few 6-25X56 and they were all 1cm @ 100m (mil adjustment). I just looked on Zeiss website and they are labled 0.34" at 100yds, which by my calculations is the same as 0.1 mil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ccoker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ran one last year, 1cm/100mm </div></div>

What'd you think about it?

FL version lenses are in current top three I'd guesstimate.
Diavari FL is also shipped with ASV, 50 clicks travel. More if stopper pin is removed.

Excellent scope IMO.

My newest 6-24X56 is a FL scope and it is very nice for sure! I would think the 4-16X50 would be as nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a sweet scope. However 1/3 MOA adjustments? I'd be interested to know if they're calling it a 1/3 Moa adjustment just because that's what it measures out to be closest to? Which really means it's not an exact anything, mil or Moa, and could be significantly off measure out at 10 Moa. Anybody have much actual experience with these? I love the asv turret concept. </div></div>

Looks like a way to ease those accustomed with MOA over to mil and still make sense in MOA based reticle. I believe 1/10 mil are used in the custom ones as well.

Like this-
7436eed478a6208792fb88500cee998c.jpg

1/3 true MOA would be 0.0969mrad click instead of 0.1mrad Zeiss is using.
Therefore each click has 3mm "error" at 100m.

Btw, turret photo above is ASV+, current FL:s are with ASV.