• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss LRP S3 New First Focal Plane Riflescopes for Long-Range Precision Shooting

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Zeiss LRP S3

_LG_0494.jpg

ZEISS LRP S3 first focal plane riflescopes are purpose-built for success in the world of long-range shooting and hunting.

Ø Best-in-Class Total Elevation Travel - for longer-range shooting capability and performance.

• 425-50: 46.5 MRAD / 160 MOA

• 636-56: 32.0 MRAD / 110 MOA

Ø Advanced Optical Design – for a highly detailed and precise image

Ø Ballistic Stop and External Locking Windage Turret – for utmost precise shot placement – again-and-again

Ø Daylight Visible Illuminated Smart Reticle – quick and precise to read, with minimum target coverage and red or green illumination settings

ZEISS LRP S3 – New First Focal Plane Riflescopes for Long-Range Precision Shooting and Hunting

PXL_20220815_171135521.jpg

ZEISS presents its next series of first focal plane riflescopes with impressive total elevation travel and advanced optics.

ZEISS announces the release of its all-new first focal plane riflescope – the ZEISS LRP S3. The new riflescope for long-range precision shooting and hunting includes impressive total elevation travel, advanced optics, daytime visible illuminated reticle, ballistic stop, and an external locking windage turret. The product family consist of two models: ZEISS LRP S3 425-50 and 636-56. Both are available in either milliradian (MRAD) or minute-of-angle (MOA) configurations. “With the LRP S3 we have expanded our successful long-range precision scope portfolio to provide more options for highly reliable and precise optics that are ready for competition,” stated Kyle Brown, Director of Marketing and Products for ZEISS Consumer Products USA.

IMG_3175.JPG

Impressive total elevation travel – for precise bullet placement on the most distant targets

IMG_3177.JPG

“In long-range rifle competitions, shooters will experience challenging conditions like switching winds, poor and harsh lightning or the stress of time”, explained Brown, who is an experienced long-range precision shooter himself. “You may not be able to control these conditions, but you can certainly adjust for them with your choice of a riflescope.” With up to 160 MOA or 46.5 MRAD of total elevation travel for the 425-50 model and 110 MOA or 32 MRAD for the 636-56 model, the LRP S3 ensures the bullet impact even on the most distant targets. The riflescopes utilize ZEISS’ proven external elevation turret with enhanced engraving for precise shot placement. Together with the ballistic stop, which provides an absolute and true return to zero, and the external locking windage turret, the ZEISS LRP S3 offers the shooter easy access for immediate wind correction and a locking feature to secure the setting.

Advanced Optics – for reliable target identification

PXL_20220815_171212261.jpg

The LRP S3 first focal plane riflescope from ZEISS is equipped with advanced optics, allowing the shooter to quickly locate and define the targets. The optical performance is assured via the use of extra-low dispersion (ED) lens elements and ZEISS’ proprietary T* multi-layer lens coating for optimum color fidelity, image brightness and edge-to-edge sharpness within the entire field-of-view. Additionally, the new riflescopes deliver 90% light transmission for a noticeably brighter image. ZEISS’ protective LotuTec lens coating, for anti-fogging and to repel dust, dirt, or fingerprints, complete the advanced optical design of the

ZEISS LRP S3.

_LG_0499.jpg

Daylight visible illuminated reticles – for intuitive aiming

The already proven first focal plane reticles ZF-MOAi and ZF-MRi represent MOA and MRAD smarter reticle designs. “Our powerful daylight visible illuminated reticles were designed with professional input from active competitors and instructors”, reported Brown. “Each incorporate distinct, clean, and easy-to- understand reference marks along the main horizontal and vertical lines of the reticle”. Both offer fine line reticle subtensions and floating center dots to serve the demands of precision shooters and long-range hunters alike. The user can select red or green illumination and the preferred setting from five intensity levels. Only the center section of the reticle is illuminated for the most precise point of aim even when viewing against challenging targets or in harsher lighting conditions.

Robust and compact – for usage in rough terrain

With its 34 mm aluminum main tube mono-bloc housing, shock tested up to 1,500g-force, waterproofness up to 400 mbar, the LRP S3 is not only compact but also very robust. It is engineered for extreme usage in rough terrain. “The LRP S3 meets all requirements not only for long-range competitions but also for particularly demanding hunting situations over long distances”, Brown summed up.

ZEISS LRP S3 First Focal Plane Riflescopes for Precision Shooting

Last edited:
    Any specs? length, weight, fov, etc.
    The LRP S3 425-50 appears to be a 30mm tube and the 636-56 a 34mm?

10 mil turrets!!! 👌 Thank you baby Jesus. At this price point and with Zeiss' reputation, I think these look pretty interesting. I'm not a huge fan of the offset windage zero location (similar to MK5) but everything else looks pretty good. Parallax looks like it'll close focus which makes this a viable option for rimfire too. I like the more compact look of this scope compared to their LRP S5. I might have to try one of these out!

Very interesting looking scopes. The 4-25x50 is right up my alley and I like Zeiss' MRAD reticle.

This is a really interesting development especially given the price. Did they indicate which OEM they are working with on this? At this price, chances are they are getting subassemblies and putting them together in Germany, but it is hard to know for sure. It could be assembled by someone else to their specs. Looking at the specs, I can make some guesses, but they would be just that. Guesses.

Either way, I rather liked the S5 and these new scopes are definitely going to expand their reach.

ILya

Maybe I missed it but what is the parallax range. Interested if this will work for rimfire, I did watch x-ring’s vid but he didn’t say.

Found it 10 yards to infinity

Last edited:
    What would be the main diff between these and the more expensive S5? Country of origin of parts, etc or significant functional diffs?

They are certainly at a more attractive price point.

Im Intrested I almost pulled the trigger on the S5 then I started hearing chatter on the S3 hope to see more reviews before release in October this year? Very intrested in picking one up to try out

What mount is X-Ring using for the S3?
    Is that Mil-radian reticule?

Last edited:
    I'll try to get my hands onto the 4-25x50. It looks like it is going to be an exceptional option for precision rimfire and for quite a few crossover applications. I am really itching to work out that adjustment range on an accurate 22LR.

The scopes are indeed made in Japan, although the design, presumably, is Zeiss' own.

ILya

Guess it’s better to be a decade late to the party than than to miss the party altogether~

Big fan of the 3.6-18x S5 I have. Very curious to see the difference between the 3.6-18x S5 and 4-25x S3. I really like how Zeiss illumination works on both the V8 and the LRP S5. Looks like the S3 has illumination settings instead of the "infinitely" adjustable range on the V8 & S5.

Reactions: jh2785
    If I'm reading this right, its still 8-12 oz lighte than Vortex Razors, but maybe a bit heavy for hunting...
    I think a cinder block is also 8-12 oz lighter than a Razor..... 🤪

On Zeiss' website it says the 4-25 is 36 oz. Heavier than I expected. Either way, this looks like a really great scope....at a really good price.

I will make a thread with comparison pics vs some other similar scopes. Zeiss sent me a preproduction unit and I've been very impressed for the price.

FYI the elevation on mine is WELL over 50mils, and it tracks nicely. I can take my 22 from a 50 yard zero to a 500 yard plate, no holdover, just dialing. It also performed nicely on some crop permit deer for a buddy with a bit of a problem.

I'll be opening preorders very soon, getting these on the site tonight.

s3 front iso.jpg
    s3 profile.jpg
    s3 rear iso.jpg

Seeing how used 5-25 s5's go for $2500ish, and being similar in weight to the 4-25, i really wonder how they stack up next to each other. One big thing i enjoy with my s5 is the more tactile click every mil, i dont see it mentioned in the s3 line up. I do hope these s3's become available at the $1600 price range used.

Very curious how this stacks up to the Gen2 and Gen3 Razor. Always been a fan of the Zeiss optics, and would like to try one of these out.

What’s the factory warranty like?

That's what I'm thinking also for my rimfire build also. I was leaning MK5 and didn't want to spend this much but may. Don't know to go 5x25 or 6x36, off to expert voice but they won't probably offer much off.

Reactions: kthomas
    I find these more compelling that the S5. S5 was essentially what had been out for years, not saying they are bad scopes just didn’t find anything about a 3.5-18 and 5-25 with massive turrets compelling enough to pull away from ZCO or TT. But a 4-25x50 and 6-36x56 are definitely more of what I’d hoped the S5 would have been. If the Vortex G3 is any indication of what glass you’re getting from Japanese OEM the potential is there for these to shine as the G3 definitely encroaches on ZCO/TT/S&B territory.

I like that they used smaller turrets than S5, big question is how well they function and repeat.

10 mil turrets!!! 👌 Thank you baby Jesus. At this price point and with Zeiss' reputation, I think these look pretty interesting. I'm not a huge fan of the offset windage zero location (similar to MK5) but everything else looks pretty good. Parallax looks like it'll close focus which makes this a viable option for rimfire too. I like the more compact look of this scope compared to their LRP S5. I might have to try one of these out!
    Looks like the for 1k all your
    Getting with s5 is a
    Bit better glass
    The s5 is a great scope right there with my pmii and i I got it for more a 1k less than a zco so thought it was steal
    They are stepping up their game with the FPF scopes this seems to be a bit more budget friendly s5 would say hunting geared but 6x36 is a bit much for a hunting scope

I find these more compelling that the S5. S5 was essentially what had been out for years, not saying they are bad scopes just didn’t find anything about a 3.5-18 and 5-25 with massive turrets compelling enough to pull away from ZCO or TT. But a 4-25x50 and 6-36x56 are definitely more of what I’d hoped the S5 would have been. If the Vortex G3 is any indication of what glass you’re getting from Japanese OEM the potential is there for these to shine as the G3 definitely encroaches on ZCO/TT/S&B territory.

I like that they used smaller turrets than S5, big question is how well they function and repeat.
    Price point for PRS members is ~$300 less than the Vortex Razor Gen 3 which makes more of an interesting option in a cost comparison but boy feels like they listened to some of the feedback on these.

I just wish they had added a locking diopter and calibrated parallax with markings.

That's what I'm thinking also for my rimfire build also. I was leaning MK5 and didn't want to spend this much but may. Don't know to go 5x25 or 6x36, off to expert voice but they won't probably offer much off.

I can assure you the glass smokes my MK5. Hoping to get all my pictures sorted and a post up this evening. You guys keep buying too much stuff for me to spend time on the forums :D