• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zeiss prf 8x rangefinder

gunit

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2012
anyone have any experience with this rangefinder or should I jus go with a leica. thanks 4 opinions in advance. FYI, I do know there are better but these 2 are in my $ range, thanks

If you have enough for a Leica 1600B then go with that. I had a CRF 1000 and then got the PRF for more range. It will range soft targets out to 900 or more and hard out to 1500 (so far). It is larger than the Leica, but the image quality is top notch.

The Zeiss is going for approx $450 in the secondary market, it is decent, just not a Leica.

Leica 1000 < Zeiss PRF < Leica 1600

My prf has a tough time if there is brush or branches in the way due to the large recticle (hoping this is just user error). Glass quality is really good.

have used my Zeiss out to 1200 on steel plates. In certain situations, you should turn it on edge to get repeatable readings