• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Rapid Z 1000

PullinTriggers

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
Does anyone have experience with the Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 with the Rapid Z 1000? The reticle is calibrated for a 168-175 grain bullet out of a 24" .308.

I have been on Zeiss's website and used the ballistic calculator to input data, but I haven't laid the money out for the optic yet. It seems pretty well thought out.

Any remarks?

Re: Zeiss Rapid Z 1000

Pullin,

My only experience with this particular Zeiss has been second hand.

Pro's: Great glass, some of the best I've seen. Quality built, repeatable adjustments. The reticle is nifty.

Con's: 56mm Obj, means lofty ring setups. This scope has only 56" of adjustment.

If you really need a 56mm OBJ for your application, then this is a good choice. And limited adjustment range means you will exercise that reticle frequently.

In this price range you should expect the best. Zeiss is certainly one of the top scopes. But from a "tactical" perspective there are other great scopes, with smaller profiles, with greater adjustment range.

Everything we buy is a series of compromises.

Best of luck with your buy,

Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PullinTriggers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have experience with the Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 with the Rapid Z 1000? The reticle is calibrated for a 168-175 grain bullet out of a 24" .308.

I have been on Zeiss's website and used the ballistic calculator to input data, but I haven't laid the money out for the optic yet. It seems pretty well thought out.

Any remarks? </div></div>

I have two zeiss scopes and the glass is unreal. Though I can see great even at night with them..... It doesn't have the windage/elevation adjustments, and they are very fragile(so don't bump it).

If I could go back to the day I bought mine, I would back out and get a fixed 10x super sniper and spend the rest of the cash on ammo or something else that is needed.

But thats just me.

natchez has them right now for 1799.00 I think. great deal if that is what you are looking for. I thought that they were pretty much the same as the Hensoldt which is about as tough and rugged as you can get. the glass will still get you out to 1k with a 20 moa rail.

I use on on a spr 300 wsm 190 smk loaded to hot 30-06. the reticle can be used for any load its just that the zeiss web site is only set up to calculate for a 500 yd. zero. Its really easy to use JBM an redo things for other calibers. -- but of course the actual hash marks will not be calibrated to the yard markers in the reticle. Remember also your using ballistic reticle calibrated tin moa now, with cm elevation clicks, so if unmatched systems like mil'moa give you headache, this will be a whopper. I also use an 800 z in a conquest 4.5x14 and the differences in reticles is significant. the z reticles like the 800 try to get all the hash marks in a small area of the central sighting area, while the 1000 spreads it over the entire area which actually makes it less busy than the 800. The 1000 yd marker is at the very bottom of the scope viewing field and is difficult to use effectively. In fact if the glass wasn't so good I doubt if this would be doable in any other brand of scope. While zeiss markets this as a tactical reticle, or at least a reticle for tactical type guns, I doubt if this would qualify (not in the trade--just a target shooter) on the other side of the coin it works and its a lot of fun. A 20 moa rail is needed not to get to 1000 yds, but to tip the scope enough to get the 100 yd marker on, which is about 3/4 the distance of the field of view from the bottom of the tube. The on line pictures are misleading, and the reticle itself is used and looks more like the NF reticles if they had windage hold offs. The ao is at least one of the smoothest and most accurate (in definition of target) and distance markers I have used. The dial is larger than most and doesn't protrude like some. As far as the physical size goes, the scope is smaller than my 3.5x15x50 NF except for the bell size of course, but it doesn't seem noticable.

I run a 6x24x72 with a R-1000 reticle and I am shooting Blackhills 168 grain amax out of a TRG that runs 2650 to 2700 fps and the holds are just perfect.Im at a 1000 ft above sealevel and the reticle has been spot on.Zeiss tells you to sight it in a 500 yards but I sighted it in at a 100 and went out to shoot some steel and the first cold bore shot at 500 hit the plate dead center.I was shocked that it was that close.By the Zeiss web site the reticle is never out more than 5 yards at any distance with my info pluged in and I have found it to be right on at all ranges.I have the new locking knobs on the scope but I never use them with this reticle.Here are a few pics.

DSC_0350.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

It doesn't sound like there is much to dislike about this scope then. Are there any other loads that you guys like with this reticle?

What do you think guys - can I use Rapid Z 1000 reticle on my TRG42 (.338 LM)? I'm serious intersted in buying this scope. Thx.

Have a Zeiss 3-12X56 MC. Just went with a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56. After two months I have sent the Nightforce back to the factory for a check up. My Zeiss made my Nightforce look really bad. If it comes back the same I going to take a loss and go back to Zeiss. All the extra goodies can not make up for a great sight picture.