• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zeiss Scopes

bpenlandjr

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2012
USA
Has anyone ever used the "Rapid Z" reticle in their Conquest scopes? If so, tell us about it.

thanks

Has anyone ever used the "Rapid Z" reticle in their Conquest scopes? If so, tell us about it.

thanks
No, I haven't used the Rapid-Z reticle, but I've looked through a few over the years. Not a big fan on a hunting scope (thick lines). I do own, and use the ZMOAi-20 and ZMOAi-T20 (thinner than the regular ZMOAi-20 reticle), and find them to be less obtrusive in a hunting situation, where it just has the wind-hold dots (no solid lines) so you can see what's behind the reticle, instead of looking through a bunch of thick lines, like the Rapid-Z reticle. Just my personal preference and opinion. The solid lines don't bother some folks, but in a hunting situation, I want to be able to see what's going on, instead of seeing a bunch of thick black lines covering the animal.

But from a purely (or mostly) target shooting standpoint, you'd be fine with the Rapid-Z.

I've had them but never used them as intended.
There was a calculator on their website where you would input your ballistic data and it would give a specific range (distance) for each of the hashmarks on the reticle, but it was computed at one specific magnification (which may or may not be marked on the adjustment ring, e.g., 12.5X).
You could go out and shoot known distances and see where the impacts correlate to the reticle, but again it would only work at one magnification (that's how I used it).
Too many better reticle options these days to mess with it. Even the Zeiss ZMOA is better (hashmarks are 1 moa at max. mag., 2 moa at 1/2 in the magnification range, etc.).

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ
I tried the rapid z 1000 with a 308 rifle. At 1000 yds it was very hard to use the bottom of the reticle. Traded it for an ATACR Mil- R reticle awhile back and still use it. Not a fan.