• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Zeiss Spotter 60 on an Ashbury TACT-3S tripod

One-Eyed Jack

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2004
Minden, NV
It took me months to find an Ashbury tripod and obtain the detachable mounting plate from the company (customer service is, well, spotty). At last (tah dahhhhh!), here is my Zeiss Spotter 60 mounted on the Ashbury. The Spotter 60 is definitely optically better than my Zeiss 65 spotting scope.

Re: Zeiss Spotter 60 on an Ashbury TACT-3S tripod

I haz a jealous...

I'll give you a 1000 for the set up, LOL. nice kit

Do you have a link for that? Also, how much did you pay for the tripod? thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haz a jealous... </div></div>

+1

Damn fine setup! I rue the day that HuDisCo let me look through his, because I have wanted one ever since
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a link for that? Also, how much did you pay for the tripod? thanks</div></div>

There not for sale(tripods), If your looking for something like that for a tripod get a hold of cheese he just got some DCLW's which would make a great tripod platform.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have a link for that? Also, how much did you pay for the tripod? thanks </div></div>
Just go to the HuDisCo website for info about the Zeiss Spotter 60. I bought mine from Alex/Jason at EuroOptics in PA.

The Ashbury tripods are very hard to find if you're not military or law enforcement. I eventually found mine on eBay, but it didn't have the detachable mounting plate. Ashbury didn't want my business, but I coaxed a friend with an Army e-mail address to buy a couple for me (it took 3 months). This minor parts purchase involved the president and vice-president of the company and made me wonder what will happen with the Ashbury SABER chassis system if someone needs a part. I have a Alamo Four Star DCLW tripod system; it's nice, but nothing like the Ashbury, which is very well engineered and very well made. I think the Ashbury sells for $500.

If you're interested in one of the tripods drop Huntler a pm. He may be able to hook you up.

How about an Ashbury tripod SH group buy? Ashbury might agree to sell to Huntler for people on SH.

Hey Ron,

Didn't realize you were OEJ!

Nice Setup
wink.gif

Never did get to look through that thing when it was here at the shop...would have liked to seen it next to my incredibly crisp Swaro ATS80.

I really like how they moved the reticle off to the side to clear out the FOV for normal spotting use.

Take care,
Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haz a jealous...</div></div>

+2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jb1000br</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Ron,

Didn't realize you were OEJ!

Nice Setup
wink.gif

Never did get to look through that thing when it was here at the shop...would have liked to seen it next to my incredibly crisp Swaro ATS80.

I really like how they moved the reticle off to the side to clear out the FOV for normal spotting use.

Take care,
Jason </div></div>
And I thought you were Jason of the Argonauts, hiding from the gorgon in Montoursville! Small world!! I'm very pleased with the Spotter 60, but still getting used to the straight eyepiece position - my old Zeiss was angled and more convenient at the range. I have no complaints about the image quality, it's terrific. Yes, Zeiss did a good job with the reticle, it's not obtrusive at all.

Very very jealous, sweet set up there. I am definitely interested if a group buy is raised to buy the tripods. Have been wanting one for a long long time, should have knocked off one when I had a chance in the army...

Well done again on the glass set up!

b

Very nice setup ... im in the same boat on the WANT list for the tripod

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nightowl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">really cool what was the total cost ? thanks </div></div>
I have about $325 into the used Ashbury tripod.

been hunting for one also.to say envious,would be an understatement. definitely in for a group buy.

I'm working on the ashbury problem. And will certainly organize a groupe buy or the best deal they will allow. I should have dealer pricing within a month, but they said that last month also. Lol.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks, hunter

modarmory.com

No doubt, I'm in with the group buy.

Is it just ME , because this tripod looks exactly like the Vectronix tripod designed for there laser range finders ,etc

Later Chris

ChrisF ,

yep , same tripod , infact I got mine from Vectronix .

PP out

so how does the zeiss compare to the leupold gold ring 40x? i like the GR but it has its limitations and since being an active army sniper i have had to buy pretty much all my own gear. and the mission goes on even with crap gear they give us

Would love to buy one in Australia. I emailed SportOptics if they ship internationally.
Currently have a Leica Televid APO-60, straight design. Not happy with it, and I'm wanting to trade up.
If any users know of Australian distributors I would be very appreciative of details.
Thanks
PS: OEJ, any thoughts on attaching further instruments on the rails?

ICEHOUSE, where did you mean? I'm currently trying to find a company that will ship it internationally, do you know of anyone?