• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Zeiss spotter reticle

ChrisF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2002
New Zealand
Whenis Zeiss going to release their new mil reticle eye piece for their std line of spotting scopes /

Later Chris

Re: Zeiss spotter reticle

Would love a Zeiss 60 but can't find anyone doing deals (a bit like Ferrari
frown.gif
).

Anyone know who does the good prices? Scott?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would love a Zeiss 60 but can't find anyone doing deals (a bit like Ferrari
frown.gif
).

Anyone know who does the good prices? Scott? </div></div>

If you are referring to the Spotter 60 you may want to contact one of our dealers and see what they can do.

http://www.hudisco.com/dealers.htm

I am after a good spotter with a reticle & good glass , and this just leaves me with a Spotter 60 or a Zeiss 65 with a second hand reticle .

I want a reticle that has 1/2 mil hash marks & no dots ( as all the rulers I have donot use dots as reference marks ( because dots are stupid for precise measuring ) .

As all the Spotter reticles have etched reticles , they should all be hash marks etc ( the only reason they used dots , is the old reticles in scopes where wire , and the only easy way to put marks on them was drop drops of glue or paint onto them ).

Because of SODS law , I know that as soon as I get a spotter 60 , they will bring out a much better reticle in the Spotter60 , its just my luck .

I might just wait 10 yrs .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Whenis Zeiss going to release their new mil reticle eye piece for their std line of spotting scopes /

Later Chris </div></div>

Chris ,
after the SPOTTER 60 hit the market their 40x eyepiece with mil-dot reticle went out of production and , from my knowledge , they'll no more produce one for the Victory series of spotting scope .
PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For us Europeans the best deal is with www.i-e-a.de , get in touch with Michael over there .

PP out
</div></div>

Thanks PP

At a price of EURO2,571.43 (w/o VAT) is not bad. May be I will try to sell my current Zeiss spotter and get a 60.

Wonder if they could export outside the EU.

Cheers,

Is there any chance the spotter 60 eyepiece will screw into other zeiss spotting scopes?

Jinta ,
that's exactly what I did .
I'm pretty sure they'll export it , why not ?

Jong ,
negative .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks PP - much appreciated. </div></div>

My pleasure !

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks PP - much appreciated. </div></div>

My pleasure !

PP out
</div></div>

If I am in Europe and stop by to buy one, would I have to pay the VAT?

Jong ,

you can get a VAT reimbursement just showing the invoice at the right office while in the airport going back home .

PP out

Hi,

Spotted this thread and thought to throw in a few comments

- Finnish military recently (and Swiss?) purchased Zeiss Diascope 65 with 30x fixed eye piece with cool reticle for spotting and ultra precise milling with "L-shape"

FinnDot
finndotspotter40.jpg

There was another order made by our Army and luckily we were allowed to take part to that. Zeiss manufactured only exactly ordered number of the oculars with this reticle. (which I cant understand, since there is a market for this!!!) Now again availability of this ocular is zero. Can't really see the point why e.g. spotter60 is equipped with outdated dot based reticle.

I've been using this spotter and just love it. The milling accuracy with the L-shape is second to none with Zeiss glass.

I've also pushed this L-shape to high power riflescope, since I do a lot milling behind the trigger with PMI5-25x56. S&B responded to this request and just yesterday got my first MSR scope with L-shape reticle integrated to that.

MSR - Multipurpose Sniper Reticle
MSR_WINTER_12x.jpg

MSR_WINTER_15x.jpg

Now I finally have my sniper optics precisely how I it to be. Project complete. Next mission sing karaoke.
grin.gif

That's a really interesting reticle and would be useful in a spotter. Do you do most of your milling with the main or l-shaped sub reticle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a really interesting reticle and would be useful in a spotter. Do you do most of your milling with the main or l-shaped sub reticle? </div></div>

It sure is a precision reticle allowing versatile uses.

- When with spotter (FinnDot), I do milling 99% using the L-shape. It is intuitive and very clear to use. I think you get correct value in a few seconds vs. if using mildot or Gen2MD it takes always "some time" before you actually are sure what the reading is. Obviously in fast situations main mildot may be used and e.g. if you're just verifying magnitude of some reading your shooter is saying.

- When in shooter position, I used to do the best in milling with with P4 reticle hash marks. Spotter would then give his reading to me, as a kind of second opinion to verify my reading. Now I believe that whenever possible, I'm going to use MSR reticles L-shape for precision measurements instead of the main hair line.

Obviously the method you employ is alwaus subject to situation, light conditions, support available etc. so one has to alway improvise.

MSa

MSA , I have brought uo the fact of the old reticle design a number of times , and there is always NO answer to this simple & obvious Flaw in the design of the Spotter 60 .

I would like the option of having the " FinnArmy " reticle available in the Spotter 60 as well as the new 15-45x65 Zeiss & as a fixed 30x eye piece for other Zeiss spotters , then I would be happy .

At the high price of the Spotter 60 , the single thing that stops be buying IT is the 30 yr OLD reticle , put some finer 1/2 mil and finer hash marks , and its done , its not Rocket science ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
MSA , I have brought uo the fact of the old reticle design a number of times , and there is always NO answer to this simple & obvious Flaw in the design of the Spotter 60 .

I would like the option of having the " FinnArmy " reticle available in the Spotter 60 as well as the new 15-45x65 Zeiss & as a fixed 30x eye piece for other Zeiss spotters , then I would be happy .

At the high price of the Spotter 60 , the single thing that stops be buying IT is the 30 yr OLD reticle , put some finer 1/2 mil and finer hash marks , and its done , its not Rocket science ? </div></div>

You just cant let that go can you? There are .2 mil graduations in the Spotter 60....Plus a Spotter with the Gen 2 Mildot is cluttered as all hell.

YEAP , I still cannot believe they did not use a hash marks on this , Opps .

I just noticed that Optolyth has 2 mil reticles for their Spotters , one 30x & the other at 45x , now IF they could make a fixed compact version of their Mini B/GA with this reticle it would rock , ( ie with out the draw tube , so its waterproof ) ,

Has any one used one yet ?

Here's a pic of the reticle .

eyepiece20reticule.jpg

Yeap , as I live in New Zealand , IT has to be weather/water proof , or its not going to be of any use to me in my neck of the woods .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi,

Spotted this thread and thought to throw in a few comments

- Finnish military recently (and Swiss?) purchased Zeiss Diascope 65 with 30x fixed eye piece with cool reticle for spotting and ultra precise milling with "L-shape"

FinnDot
finndotspotter40.jpg

There was another order made by our Army and luckily we were allowed to take part to that. Zeiss manufactured only exactly ordered number of the oculars with this reticle. (which I cant understand, since there is a market for this!!!) Now again availability of this ocular is zero. Can't really see the point why e.g. spotter60 is equipped with outdated dot based reticle.

I've been using this spotter and just love it. The milling accuracy with the L-shape is second to none with Zeiss glass.

I've also pushed this L-shape to high power riflescope, since I do a lot milling behind the trigger with PMI5-25x56. S&B responded to this request and just yesterday got my first MSR scope with L-shape reticle integrated to that.

MSR - Multipurpose Sniper Reticle
MSR_WINTER_12x.jpg

MSR_WINTER_15x.jpg

Now I finally have my sniper optics precisely how I it to be. Project complete. Next mission sing karaoke.
grin.gif
</div></div>

those are great!

To give better idea how it really looks. Snapped this last summer. "Targets" are Norwegian caravans +1000m range.
smile.gif

Note big FOV. Pic lies a bit tho, basically only lower part of FOV is visible -clean upper half view doesn't show as it should.
Pleasure to mil with lower half, and then just observe with upper where nothing is blocking view.

ristikko1600x1200.jpg