• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Zeiss Victory RF 10x42 or 54 downsides?

jzerfoss

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
WV and VA
So I've been able to find both units for around 3k. The fact that it's high end binos, ballistic cal, and gets basic weather all in one is very impressive. I have seen that some had issues in the past ranging past 1300yds before firmware update but after it seems to range 2000yds+.

What are some of the downsides to these lrf binos? Before you ask yes I did a search and there is limited info on these that aren't advertisements.

Anyone test the accuracy of the ballistic calculator at the limits of it's ranging capabilities?

I have the 10x54's. Awesome glass. Great ranging capabilities, even in poor conditions. The ballistic calculator is solid, but the app is a complete dumpster fire. Unintuitive, clunky, bad user interface - the list goes on and on. Would I buy them again? Yes. The app is bad, but the positives of the rest of the bino eclipses it's negatives.

Reactions: jzerfoss
I have one also and the glass is very high quality, clear and sharp.

I dont mind the Zeiss app, it is geared towards long range hunting. But you dont need to use the app to get solutions, once you have your profile set up the binoculars can work independent of your phone or a separate device such as a Kestrel.

One major downside is no wind measurement, you will have to estimate yourself or use a second device.

Check on bhphoto, they sometimes have models in the Victory RF range for ~$2800. I bought mine new due to a pricing mistake and it ended up being about half of that.

Reactions: jzerfoss
Ditto on what Envy5000 said.

I have a 10X42, and used it last fall for hunting mule deer in the mountains. I loaded up two ballistic solutions for both hunting rifles but didn't get any shots at a deer. I think you can load up to 8 different solutions. If you want to change the solution, you can do either with the phone or by using the buttons on the binocular.

The glass is very good, I think it's Victory FL glass. There was a large sweet spot, around 85%. The bino casing is the Victory HT and feels good in the hands. I could observe across canyon hillsides for a long time and my eyes did not get tired from the view. I ranged reflective objects to 2,000 yards. I plan on trying these out in the desert at varying distances to see how good the solutions are.

I just wish they were a little less spendy, but I like them.

Great glass, great performance, syncs perfectly with the Zeiss hunting app, I've set up multiple profiles to demo it for customers in the store and honestly love them. I've always been drawn towards the Swaro or the Leica but Zeiss really stepped their game up. Only downside I have really seen it no Kestrel support for wind reading.